Sore butt bones HELP

ElliesMom

Ok so I am really close to saddle sores, been riding way more lately and my tukas/the bones in between the front and the back parts keep rubbing on my rock of a saddle.

Short of buying a new saddle which is not happening, how do I deal with this.

Are those saddle cushions safe, they dont appear like they would be,

even contemplated ladies cycling spandex, with the padding, but the individual at the sports store said it would not help the sore area.

Somebody else has had to have had this problem, please help.....:blushing:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Ok so I am really close to saddle sores, been riding way more lately and my tukas/the bones in between the front and the back parts keep rubbing on my rock of a saddle.

even contemplated ladies cycling spandex, with the padding, but the individual at the sports store said it would not help the sore area.

I have several western saddles for sell!!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
What style of riding do you do? I have been rubbed raw before but that was because of too much padding.:whistle:

kmbetit

K Betit
I have a western saddle that is too big for me, but inherited it from my dad before he passed away, so I kept it for sentimental value, and ride in it occassionally. It does the same thing. A seat cushion might help, especially a neoprene one that will be squishy but stay in place, but it also might cause rubbing like sadie said. I was given one of those fuzzy seat savers by a non-horsey friend for christmas a few years ago though, I actually love it.

ElliesMom

I ride western, trails. but I will ride on average 1 - 5 hours at a time, two or three days in a row at a good clip and I dont even want to look at a chair!

devinej

oooh i hate it when that happens. i used to ride in this rock of a jumping saddle riding young ponies all day long and when i did a lot of sitting work say at canter or trot it was worse, but if i posted more or rocked more on the front of my pelvis it was better.

i would say yes the seat saver or seat covers, gel or fleece, are a great idea.

spellbound

If your seat bones are hurting, then your saddle either doesn't fit you correctly, it is poor quality, or just worn out.

I know you said you're not buying a new saddle now. Sometimes, you can have wool stuffing added to the seat of the saddle. If the saddle doesn't fit you correctly that won't help though.

Buying one of the seat cushions is probably your best temporary solution.

devinej

oooh yeaahhhh get a bob marshall treeless saddle, your seat bones will never hurt again! they are realllly nice comfy saddles for both you and your horse.

M

Mousebaby

This is probably going to be way to much information but I found out when I was pregnant with my first child that I could no longer ride bicycles with the thing that goes between the legs. It hurt my "self" to ride. I have only recently found a bicycle seat that I can use that does not have that thing between the legs, it just has the butt part. Maybe you just need a special saddle due to having children. It's entirely possible that you may have to have one specially made for your butt. :shrug:

ElliesMom

thank you for all the wonderful suggestions.

I would love a treeless Bob Marshall, or a tucker, but financially it wont happen, I am currently saving my pennies for that.

This saddle does fit, but I dont think there is one ounce of padding over the tree, it does OK if its not a terribly long ride, but I am looking at an overnighter thats 25 miles the first day and 15 the next. (big pain pills here I come!)

I think in the interem I am going to research a good quality seat pad with some stick to it.

My sore nameless nether regions thank you all!:flowers:

ElliesMom

Thank you HappyAppy, you two guys were aweful cute on the other thread. When my husband returns I would love to get the men together.

ElliesMom

I've seen it done wasnt terribly impresed with the 'fix' and now its bunching up. This was not Elams, but the other Amish gentleman off 5 south, cant remember now, Stoltsfus(?) Not gonna pay upwards of $100 for something I've seen work badly.

I will work at saving my pennies and a quick fix to buy a damn good saddle down the line.

ElliesMom

They are on average low 27.00 and high 35.00. Its the shipping thats been slowing me down. anywhere from 8 - 14 dollars to ship it??

Thanks Paso.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Let me look tomorrow and see what I have...I have several things like that..whatcha got to trade? If not we will work something out.