Sounds like a simple case to me

RPMDAD

Sounds like a simple case to me, unless this is some kind of weird ass defense stunt. Should have been taken into the rear parking lot and shot IMHO. I would grant him his wish.

California courtroom drama: 'I did kill those cops,' suspect says

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – A man charged with killing two Northern California sheriff's deputies stunned a courtroom by blurting out that he committed the crimes and is ready to be executed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/0...ntcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

Hijinx

Sounds like a simple case to me, unless this is some kind of weird ass defense stunt. Should have been taken into the rear parking lot and shot IMHO. I would grant him his wish.

California courtroom drama: 'I did kill those cops,' suspect says

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – A man charged with killing two Northern California sheriff's deputies stunned a courtroom by blurting out that he committed the crimes and is ready to be executed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/0...ntcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

LMAO Executed?????????? In California???? They have 700 people on death row and they will all die natural deaths.

This guy isn't looking to die he wants to go to prison where his M-13 buddies will make him a hero.
Admitting killing 2 cops makes him a high ranking prisoner
So much better than a rapist of child killer.

In the pecking order of California prisoners he will be right at the top.
And his dumbassed attorneys want to take that away from him.

HoosierDaddy

In a flyover state
In the pecking order of California prisoners he will be right at the top.
And his dumbassed attorneys want to take that away from him.

This is probably true but he's also (possibly, I will admit) trying to get his wife off with a lesser sentence.

RPMDAD

Hijinx, you are right what was i thinking, maybe Pelosi and Feinstein. or good old Jerry Brown will adopt this poor lad.

officeguy

Even if he wants to be executed, in california a public defender will still spend millions and 20 years to keep him from getting his will.

Contrast that with South Dakota. When a lifer killed a guard during an escape attempt, he plead guilty waived his appeals and asked for the death penalty. The mandatory appeal took 3 months, within 18 months of the crime, he got the needle.