Southern Maryland Hunting and Outdoor Expo Info

Nickster

Here is the link: www.somdexpo.com

There are more seminars being added within the next week and also a few more cool events, this is up to date information for now. Check back for additions over the next few weeks.

Whitetail Hunte

Cool

I checked out that website and it looked pretty cool. You can count on me and my family being there! :howdy: It's about time there's something like this in Southern Maryland. I'm tired of traveling a couple of hours to go to something like this! Can't wait.

droptine

Hey, Im right there with you man. Does anybody know if there will be live deer in the petting zoo part. I think that would be really cool!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You should make a few more MPD's to post in here.. you really need to get to the 20 new post mark before anyone will take you serious..

droptine

I forgot you dorks are soooooooo serious about your freakin karma post count crap! I was just trying to post about a cool event you dick!

Nickster

No live deer, but that would be cool. I think your standard farm animals for the petting zoo, and a lot of different exotic animals for the show. I am very excited about the expo, hopefully every outdoorsman and outdoorswoman will enjoy the hard work that has been put in to this event. Something for Everyone!

Hessian

And lets not forget...

The Orange spray painting contest:

On Heffers & Milkers...(It might prevent some embarrassment at the Taxidermy in the Fall.)

SoMdmMusician

I would personally like to see more funds put towards a really nice archery/gun recreational park in the Charles County area. I've never been to Sanner's Lake, but, I would love to have a place like that in Charles County. We have this pitiful thing called Myrtle Grove, but, that's a joke. SMM

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
itsbob said:
You should make a few more MPD's to post in here.. you really need to get to the 20 new post mark before anyone will take you serious..

Your sucha dick pickin on the newbies :smack:

lovinmaryland

droptine said:
So...Anyone here go to the EXPO? How was it! I had a great time!
My boys had a good time.

i think that they totally under estimated the amount of people that would be there though. I heard from friends that @ 9 am the parking lot was packed w/ over 700 people.

They really didn't have a good selection of food & there was no BEER :faint: and the only Bar B Q place that there was had no bar b q. When we walked up we were told that they only had hot dogs, and that they were waiting for more Bar B Q to arrive, don't most Bar B Q catering places cook on site? :confused: So we ended up getting Johnny Boys once we left :yum:

I hope they get things together for the next one because my boys did have a good time even though it wasn't my cup of tea.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
lovinmaryland said:
My boys had a good time.

i think that they totally under estimated the amount of people that would be there though. I heard from friends that @ 9 am the parking lot was packed w/ over 700 people.

They really didn't have a good selection of food & there was no BEER :faint: and the only Bar B Q place that there was had no bar b q. When we walked up we were told that they only had hot dogs, and that they were waiting for more Bar B Q to arrive, don't most Bar B Q catering places cook on site? :confused: So we ended up getting Johnny Boys once we left :yum:

I hope they get things together for the next one because my boys did have a good time even though it wasn't my cup of tea.

Yes they did WAY under estimate how many people would show up to the EXPO, and are already making plans for a bigger, better event next year...

JustynSayneBand

My wife and I went and took my oldest nephew, we were there for a whole hour. It was ok, but, I thought of a lot of things that could make it better, I know it's the first one, but, now, they can look for bringing in better crowd pleasing events. The one thing that really turned me off was, they had the 3-d archery tournament inside of this little metal building out back with the targets all set up in a row beside each other, there was no yardage increases with the targets, the really bad part was, you could only fit about 10-15 people in there at the door. It should be held outside where everyone can see what's going on, it was not very appealing, I also think the 3-d should have been held in elimination standard like you see on TV.

Basically this 1st annual event was "vendor fair" there was not really much else too appealing. I wasn't really happy with all the events being spread out over a 9 hour period, basically you'd have to go see something, leave and go shopping for a few hours and then come back, they should over an all day pass so you can come and go as you need to. I could make many other suggestions, but, the insurance requirements would not allow it.

In closing, I don't know what they could to make the event survive in the future, with out a the inclusion of a lot of insurance coverage. I knew a lot of the guys that were there and since then I have talked to several of them and they said they didn't stay much past an hour either, long story short, none of them were really excited with the expo.

Conclusion:
We got there at 10:00am and by 11:00am I had come to the final call that I wanted my $5.00 back.