Segways
MoonBounce ALL DAY
Seminars EVERY hour
Petting Zoo ALL DAY
Animal Show
Cainsaw carving ALL DAY
giveaways ALL DAY
Youth Archery Clinic ALL DAY

3D Shoot in the biggest building fairgrounds has to offer, shooting outside with thousands of peolpe around NOT SMART :razz: and if you participated you would have realized that the ranges alternated from 5yrds to 40yrds. Again - if you would have participated you would have realized that it WAS compition style and run by Southern Maryland Archers, the same way they run their shoots.

You were free to leave and come back with a stamp at the door.
Expo was highly insured.

This expo was put together in 3 months by three hard working indvidulas and they are already plannig for next years event. They are taking in everyones CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from the first expo. LOOK FOR ONE HELL OF AN EXPO NEXT YEAR. for first timers they did one hell of a job!

Last edited:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
droptine said:
EVENTS

Rockwall
56' Shark Slide
Lazer Tag
Segways
MoonBounce ALL DAY
Seminars EVERY hour
Petting Zoo ALL DAY
Animal Show
Cainsaw carving ALL DAY
giveaways ALL DAY
Youth Archery Clinic ALL DAY

3D Shoot in the biggest building fairgrounds has to offer, shooting outside with thousands of peolpe around NOT SMART :razz: and if you participated you would have realized that the ranges alternated from 5yrds to 40yrds. Again - if you would have participated you would have realized that it WAS compition style and run by Southern Maryland Archers, the same way they run their shoots.

You were free to leave and come back with a stamp at the door.
Expo was highly insured.

This expo was put together in 3 months by two hard working indvidulas and they are already plannig for next years event. They are taking in everyones CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from the first expo. LOOK FOR ONE HELL OF AN EXPO NEXT YEAR. for first timers they did one hell of a job!

:yay: Exactly :yay:

Nickster

JustynSayneBand said:
My wife and I went and took my oldest nephew, we were there for a whole hour. It was ok, but, I thought of a lot of things that could make it better, I know it's the first one, but, now, they can look for bringing in better crowd pleasing events. The one thing that really turned me off was, they had the 3-d archery tournament inside of this little metal building out back with the targets all set up in a row beside each other, there was no yardage increases with the targets, the really bad part was, you could only fit about 10-15 people in there at the door. It should be held outside where everyone can see what's going on, it was not very appealing, I also think the 3-d should have been held in elimination standard like you see on TV.

Basically this 1st annual event was "vendor fair" there was not really much else too appealing. I wasn't really happy with all the events being spread out over a 9 hour period, basically you'd have to go see something, leave and go shopping for a few hours and then come back, they should over an all day pass so you can come and go as you need to. I could make many other suggestions, but, the insurance requirements would not allow it.

In closing, I don't know what they could to make the event survive in the future, with out a the inclusion of a lot of insurance coverage. I knew a lot of the guys that were there and since then I have talked to several of them and they said they didn't stay much past an hour either, long story short, none of them were really excited with the expo.

Conclusion:
We got there at 10:00am and by 11:00am I had come to the final call that I wanted my $5.00 back.

JustynSayneBand, I'm sorry that you and your family didn't enjoy yourself. I recieved your email and have thought alot of the same ideas you suggested. If anyone was expecting a big Harrisburg Show, that has been around for many many years and receives upwards of 80,000+ attendees, to be brought to southern maryland the first year, well then your living in a dream world. You mentioned obtaining big names to draw in people and I agree. Such names as you mentioned on t.v. cost upwards of $4000- $15000 to obtain for an event. We are are a couple hard working southern maryland hunters who thought southern maryland deserved a local show. I personally spent two to three hours a day, for almost four months, coordinating the expo. I take in every comment I hear and will put it to use when planning next years expo, which planning has already began. We have big plans in the works for next year.

Everyone can't be pleased, but out of the thousands of attendees, close to 4000, I have heard but a few negative comments. Southern Maryland outdoorsman want the the show to succeed and grow with each year. Being a monday morning quarterback is easy to do. I had ideas for this year that we just couldn't afford. This year was a building block for years to come. We even put thousands of our own dollars into the event in hopes of making it enjoyable for outdoorsmen and their families. Kids who have never thought about hunting attended and had a blast. If putting shows like this on were easy everyone would do it. We did the best we could with the resources available. The seminars alone were some of the best I have ever heard, if you missed out on them I feel sorry for you. I would like to thank all who attended and continue to support the expo. Strangers who stopped me at the expo and thanked me for involving childrens events. Dnr officers who said it was one of the best local shows they had ever attended. Sponsors and vendors of the expo who took a chance on a brand new show. And everyone who helped make it a success!

Conclusion: If you make such a strong statement as you would like your five dollars back, email me your address and I will personally refund your money.