Southern Maryland Trail Riders March Ride

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
What a good day

We had 48 paid riders and we did not sell near enough raffle tickets for the Polaris Ranger. Once over the dam it seemed to warmup a allot. Thanks Bill, Boo, and Mingiz for a great place to ride.
Did you all have Floras chicken tenders? :clap:
Love all the creeks and bridges, unlike Decembers True Grit ride, the creeks were very low.
Next ride is an easter egg ride at Greenwell April 23. Selling BBQ sandwiches with slaw from Randys Ribs...yummy. I love to eat after a good ride.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I wanted to get a ticket also but forgot. :doh: Next Time!!! Seems the ride was good and all had fun. I know I did...... :lmao:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
appyday said:
No one approached me about raffle tickets...I want some..

There was a big Display on the table right next to the sign up table (you were 3 feet from it when we were all waiting to sign up)

mingiz

Horse Poor
Hey SAHRAB how tall /old was that big ole grey draft? Got any knees left after all those narrow spots between trees? Man he was big :yikes:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
mingiz said:
Hey SAHRAB how tall /old was that big ole grey draft? Got any knees left after all those narrow spots between trees? Man he was big :yikes:

That was Mo, he's pushing 18hands. had to borrow him from my Buddy, since my draft, Tonk, is in rehab. last time i rode him, :whistle: ,didnt realize my pad had moved down and my saddle rested on, and rubbed raw his withers (open wound 'bout fist sized on both sides) :loser:. But Mo and Tonk are pretty close in size, although Mo is a bit longer and a much larger neck.

As for my knees and the trees, i'm used to it, i dont even think about it anymore. i've learned to push against the trees, as we pass them, to keep my knees from banging into them. actually the worst part is during the summer, even after everyone else has gone before me, and i still get all the dang spider webs that are up high :ohwell: (well that and no matter what my face is always scratched from branches etc.)

St Mary's river park is interesting since there are A LOT of low overhanging branches, i've gotten good at Limbo in my saddle :lmao:

Attachments

• Tonk_MissPoo_0002.JPG
    Tonk_MissPoo_0002.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Tonk_TheBoy_MissPoo_0001.JPG
    Tonk_TheBoy_MissPoo_0001.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 96

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
appyday said:
:popcorn: :lmao: I would have rather swam that lake then ride that big thing through those woods...I rode a PONY and nearly left my knees behind..I know that big fella on that big horse was cussing... :huggy:

Mingiz.........I was so proud of you....you looked so cute on my pony...and that mare of yours is amazing...

psssttt wonder how miss V's knees are this am??

My gray was a paso....my friend rode my bay 1/2 paso 1/2 peruvian. I did hear my bays daddy...my mares son was there he was gray too but I did not see him...

I Rode TONK there in December (for the True Grit ride) so i knew what the trails were like, it was even worse then, since the they were still building the last 2 bridges in the woods.

i just dont know how people can canter/lope through the woods, even on a Baby (normal) horse i'd imagine you'd still hit yer knees. I tried, but gave that up (one of the reason i was cussing lol)

Last edited:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
appyday said:
Ask Mingiz...we cantered and gaited alot the pasos actually duck the trees..I wish I had a pic of Mingiz on Bubba doing this tight turn in the woods her knee was almost on the groung like a crotch rocket rider...we did that ride in 2 hours..stopped and ate...took tons of pics and videos and let the horses play in the water..we really moved along.....I had close calls but no tree hits...but my horse can bend his body in ways I never saw before...they will even walk the narrow narrow bridges with no sides..we even videoed going over the bridges and makeing "paso sounds" lol a few times.... :lmao:

psstt..next time I want you to go first and clear the way for us..plus I know if you can get over the bridge we can...

yeppers the New bridges were squealing when Mo and I went accross, i heard the couple behind us saying, he wasnt sure if he wanted to go accross now hahah

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
appyday said:
:yikes: I believe that...I wonder if they took "you" into consideration when they built them....did you see the videos?

i get page not found with them.

last year, we (my family, golden horses family, and some other friends) all went on a trail ride, from Oakridge to Gilbert run park.
we went around the lake and got to the (very long) foot bridges. everyone else on their baby (normal) horses went across and me (on Tonk) and PlumLoco (on Mo) were last. we were helping MissPoo, who wasnt sure if she wanted to take her pony accross the no rail bridges (can be a little daunting).

Tonk gets on the bridge and starts walking across, Miss Poo is next, and Mo gets on and is behind her, when we start hearing a rucus from up front. seems one of the Baby (normal) horses actually broke through the bridge boards, at the end almost at dry land.

of course at this point its Me on Tonk, Miss Poo on her pony, and then Plum Loco on Mo, HALF A FRIGGIN WAY across the bridge. and we are having SERIOUS doubts this bridge is going to take it.

i was proud of how agile our 1 'toners were, in being able to turn around and not fall off (yet a couple of the "normal' horses werent as sure footed)

mingiz

Horse Poor
SAHRAB said:
I Rode TONK there in December (for the True Grit ride) so i knew what the trails were like, it was even worse then, since the they were still building the last 2 bridges in the woods.

i just dont know how people can canter/lope through the woods, even on a Baby (normal) horse i'd imagine you'd still hit yer knees. I tried, but gave that up (one of the reason i was cussing lol)

:lmao: Alot of practice. I have been riding the lake since before anyone knew it was a lake. If you have a good horse under you they will take care of your knees. But I have also learned how to ride with 1 one leg on top at times. Yes I do get busted knees too. But I blame that on me not moving my horse away in time....

Appy I'm sure V is sore kneed today also....But most of those crashes were her fault. You just can't ride and talk on the phone and not get into trouble. :whistle:

SAHRAB hope your other ride gets better soon. Your knees too.. :huggy:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
mingiz said:
:lmao: Alot of practice. I have been riding the lake since before anyone knew it was a lake. If you have a good horse under you they will take care of your knees. But I have also learned how to ride with 1 one leg on top at times. Yes I do get busted knees too. But I blame that on me not moving my horse away in time....

Appy I'm sure V is sore kneed today also....But most of those crashes were her fault. You just can't ride and talk on the phone and not get into trouble. :whistle:

SAHRAB hope your other ride gets better soon. Your knees too.. :huggy:

as i learned yesterday, if your horse is 2 1/2 feet accross, and the 2 trees your trying to get through are 2 3/4 feet, you will bang yer knees.

it just hurts MORE if you do it at a lope, i'll stick to WIDE open areas from now one, heck with trying to run through the dang trees

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
:howdy: I had a great ride. My elbows & shoulders ached all night....since I spent the day holding my girl back. She danced and pranced the whole day. Sorry...SAHRAB that I broke into a canter once in awhile...my girls energy level was quite high. I'm sure she was think'n and your giving me high protein...for what? And you really got good at the limbo. Although a couple times it was close...and then you would just do a little extra clearing.. :jameo: :jameo: But You did awesome even if MO was a little wound up. After I rode him on the Twilight Ride it took days before I didn't feel like I had been riding a barrel..so I feel yur pain. :lmao:
.... Hey Appy...... on the last bridge we all stopped and were amazed at the paso's gaiting across the bridge. Sounded like a dance troupe tapdancing. It was really good to see you and Vince make it to the ride. Hope its 1 of many.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
goldnhorse said:
:howdy: I had a great ride. My elbows & shoulders ached all night....since I spent the day holding my girl back. She danced and pranced the whole day. Sorry...SAHRAB that I broke into a canter once in awhile...my girls energy level was quite high. I'm sure she was think'n and your giving me high protein...for what? And you really got good at the limbo. Although a couple times it was close...and then you would just do a little extra clearing.. :jameo: :jameo: But You did awesome even if MO was a little wound up. After I rode him on the Twilight Ride it took days before I didn't feel like I had been riding a barrel..so I feel yur pain. :lmao:
.... Hey Appy...... on the last bridge we all stopped and were amazed at the paso's gaiting across the bridge. Sounded like a dance troupe tapdancing. It was really good to see you and Vince make it to the ride. Hope its 1 of many.

haha it wasnt a problem cept i was bent down (trying to miss a holly bush) when you and cheyenne broke into it, so i wasnt expecting it

it was all fun anyways

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
I was glad to finally meet SAHRAB and put all our bad blood behind..he was kinda nice don't tell him I said that though

SAHRAB is an awesome friend. :huggy: You'll really like him. Did you see Percy at the ride? She was on a bay Arabain. They along with their other halves....Mylittlepony & The big bad guy in the orange vest are some of the best people you could ever find. I didn't get to meet Mingz either.
..................Next time we will have to do intros............

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Hey Goldnhorse :howdy: BB Orange Vest wanted to come but he stayed home with the sick Boy. Sorry I did not go out with the group but I had some with me that had to go slower.

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
:howdy: Percy....We had nice ride...How about you? I was shocked to see Debbie ride. How did she do?

I have something really wild to tell you.

:gossip: Did you know that Lex is over visiting Pig-Pig? When Plumloco took him over there and put him in the pen.... Miss Pig-Pig rejected him.....poor lil guy was so upset he went over in the corner and found a stuffed pound pup and took his frustrations out on it. :lmao:

mingiz

Horse Poor
goldnhorse said:
I was glad to finally meet SAHRAB and put all our bad blood behind..he was kinda nice don't tell him I said that though

SAHRAB is an awesome friend. :huggy: You'll really like him. Did you see Percy at the ride? She was on a bay Arabain. They along with their other halves....Mylittlepony & The big bad guy in the orange vest are some of the best people you could ever find. I didn't get to meet Mingz either.
..................Next time we will have to do intros............

Hello Nice to meet cha!!! :howdy: I was the one with the palomino paint. Well atleast I started out on her. I let another lady try her and she never gave her back til the end of the ride...lol :whistle: Do you ride a golden pal? If so I think we met before at another ride. I was riding a golden pal then.