Southern Maryland Trail Riders

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
mingiz said:
I have ridden up at the league and it's a very nice place to ride. The only thing I hate about going up to the League for rides is the trailer parking. It gets SO cramped when they have a function going on. I like going to different places to ride. Can't wait for spring first trip will probably be Graves Mnt. Then Fort Valley. Anyone wanna come? I like Graves No reservations needed, always parking availible and great riding. Anyone riding this weekend?

If I can remember Warlock and i didnt die, drank too much at the campfire, and made it to the summit at Fort Valley.

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
persimmoncf said:
If I can remember Warlock and i didnt die, drank too much at the campfire, and made it to the summit at Fort Valley.

Yeah...and do you remember JC and the bucknaked bareback barrelrac'n?
And the guys from Carolina that keep saying....... ya ohn to? And the Gold Schlager? Woe...I liked Fort Valley.... :wench: It was too much fun. :lmao:

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
TotalControl said:
Let's make 2006 the year we connect and network!

There are 170 miles of trails in Patapsco State Park - you can ride to an
old granite quarry, tie your horse to a tree and have lunch at restaurant in
Sykesville, hitch your horse to a rail outside the Woodstock Inn and have a
crab cake sandwich, ride the fire trails around Liberty Reservoir, travel to
the old town of Daniels, and visit an old Nike missile site that was filmed
in the Blair Witch Project movie. Some of the trails are rocky and you will
want front shoes unless your horse has very hard feet. Most trail rides
cross the Patapsco River several times, and include some steep slopes that
will challenge you and your horse.

So buddy up, team up, give someone a ride in your trailer, share the sofa in
your camper, and do what you need to do to join us. Hope to see lots of you
there!

This sounds like alot of fun. I will definently be making my plans to go. Maybe we can get a group together to go.... :yay: TC

Last edited:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
mingiz said:
Are you talking about Kennedy's peak? If you are it's a great view and ride up to it. :yay:

Warlock is scared of heights and I couldnt stop him from crying. He was being such a baby :baby: ......Oh yea, that wasnt him fussing about falling to a horrible DEATH...that was ME

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
persimmoncf said:
Warlock is scared of heights and I couldnt stop him from crying. He was being such a baby :baby: ......Oh yea, that wasnt him fussing about falling to a horrible DEATH...that was ME

:flowers: Here I don't know any of you real well and you are getting real upset and goofy assed PlumLoco is :killingme I was wondering why is he :lmao: :lmao: . We should of given him the ole 1...2... :smack:. But I bet now you'd make it down without :whistle: a problem.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
goldnhorse said:
:flowers: Here I don't know any of you real well and you are getting real upset and goofy assed PlumLoco is :killingme I was wondering why is he :lmao: :lmao: . We should of given him the ole 1...2... :smack:. But I bet now you'd make it down without :whistle: a problem.
:confused: what are you talking about?

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
persimmoncf said:
:confused: what are you talking about?

Do you recall....Ft Valley....We are at the top "Kennedy's Peak" and it is time to go back down ....yikes:you started getting upset.:yikes: ..ready too cry and PlumLoco starts to :killingme :lmao: :killingme :lmao:. ?

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
appyday said:
You don't have to join to ride...you can just pay a little extra and still ride..might be the difference between $10 and $15 for non members..

Appy is absolutely correct you do not have no join...But there are many perks for those who do. SMTR holds 8-10 rides a year, along with a General Meeting/Crab Feast in July/August, and also a General Meeting/ Dinner Dance Jan/Feb. And here is the best part....... after you have been a member in good standing for 1 year you are eligble to nominated for a Board of Director position. It takes alot of dedicated horse people to keep a organized trail riding club up and running. And I am hoping that Appy :flowers: will consider becoming a member. If there is any one person I can think of that would be an excellent asset to the SMTR board it would be Appyday. And we do still need a Parade Committee Coordinator. For this position you do not need to be on the board, just a member.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
goldnhorse said:

Oh Fear of heights doesnt go away, but it doesnt limit me from what I want to do. I can get on the roof but I have to crawl to the edge and I still have an empty feeling in my belly. I am so jealous of the people that can walk to the edge and look straight down :shocking: For some reason I feel like I have to jump just to get it over with quick. :lmao:
Oh trust me I love mountain riding and will do Kennedys Peak again, you just have to deal with my sniveling at the very last climb to the itti-bitty peak (which we had about 18 horses on) remeber :smack:

R

remaxrealtor

Hey Appy...we'll need to talk soon. I made "the big move" I've been talking to you about!

R

remaxrealtor

appyday said:
Uhhhhh Ohhhhhh better call me... :wench:
I'm running out to present a contract, if I don't call tonight, I'll catch you in the morning! I'm planning on heading to the farm tonight to get some love from Lou! It WAS NOT pretty.

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
:love:
persimmoncf said:
Oh Fear of heights doesnt go away, but it doesnt limit me from what I want to do. I can get on the roof but I have to crawl to the edge and I still have an empty feeling in my belly. I am so jealous of the people that can walk to the edge and look straight down :shocking: For some reason I feel like I have to jump just to get it over with quick. :lmao:
Oh trust me I love mountain riding and will do Kennedys Peak again, you just have to deal with my sniveling at the very last climb to the itti-bitty peak (which we had about 18 horses on) remeber :smack:

I guess I must of said something wrong...sawwe :flowers: . I was not making fun of you and I can't even get on a roof.... :razz:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Hey Appy was that ride today that your friend looked like she was fixin' to go for a swim? Nice photos!!! Took my new Spotted Saddle today - he's got a motor!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
goldnhorse said:

I guess I must of said something wrong...sawwe :flowers: . I was not making fun of you and I can't even get on a roof.... :razz:

Not at all sweetheart :love: We are going to have fun this weekend..... :yahoo:

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
:getdown:.... yes the dinner-dance is always alot of fun. Next year it would be great if all our forum friends will of joined SMTR and come out and have some fun with us. :cartwheel ....And this year we will have some of our new members...SAHRAB...Mylittlepony...and...Total Control. :buddies:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
goldnhorse said:

I bet if there was a 'Possum on the ground you could :razz: :howdy: