Southern Maryland Youth NFL Flag Football League

SMYFFL

Just wanted to let my fellow Southern Marylanders know that there is a New League set for the 2006 Spring and Fall Seasons. Sponsored by the NFL(National Football League) and in conjunction with the AAU (Amateur Athletic Union), this new league will focus on all the skill positions for kids ages 6-14. The SMYFFL is based out of White Plains MD and will cater to all of Southern MD. This league will allow all participants to play EVERY position regardless of size or speed. Registration will start in February with Practices starting in March and the Season commencing in April-June. Games will be played in Waldorf Maryland. For more information, check out: www.smyffl.com.

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
SMYFFL said:
Just wanted to let my fellow Southern Marylanders know that there is a New League forming for the 2006 Spring and Fall Seasons. Sponsored by the NFL and in conjunction with the AAU (Amateur Athletic Union), this new league will focus on all the skill positions for kids ages 6-14. The SMYFFL is based out of White Plains MD and will cater to all of Southern MD. Registration will start in February with Practices starting in March and the Season commencing in April-June. For more information, check out: www.nflyouthfootball.com or Coming Soon - www.smyffl.com.

P.S. In the process of finding an open Field for our games which will be on Saturdays. If anyone could recommend or suggest a field where our league can play in the Waldorf/White Plains/Laplata Area, please let me know. The field and all parties involved would be included on the AAU Liabilty insurance. I can be contacted at: doug_roth@hotmail.com.
Just a question. Do you or have you ever owned any Subways in the area? The name is familiar and I'm thinking that's where I heard it. Totally off topic.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
SMYFFL said:
Umm.... No.. ;-)

I do love some Subway sandwiches though. :howdy:
Good thing. I'd let you play in my driveway, but I am currently learning how to ride a motorcycle and people tend to dodge for cover when I'm coming through. Good luck.

SMYFFL

BS Gal said:
Good thing. I'd let you play in my driveway, but I am currently learning how to ride a motorcycle and people tend to dodge for cover when I'm coming through. Good luck.

Thanks.. But was hoping for something a bit Softer.. ;) Good luck to you too with the Lessons!

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
SMYFFL said:
Are you just trying to post something, or is there some other reason you feel the need to post yyy? just curious.
I'm here all night and bored. It keeps your post at the top though.

SMYFFL

Just so there is no confusion, we ARE running a Spring league as well as a Fall League. I have had a few questions regarding this. Spring Registration starts February 4th. www.smyffl.com - For details pertaining to registration time dates and costs.

meangirl

Nice lady!
SMYFFL said:
Just so there is no confusion, we ARE running a Spring league as well as a Fall League. I have had a few questions regarding this. Spring Registration starts February 4th. www.smyffl.com - For details pertaining to registration time dates and costs.

No offence intended but do you get many players? I can't imagine any of the young football players I know wanting to play FLAG football... just curious.

SMYFFL

meangirl said:
No offence intended but do you get many players? I can't imagine any of the young football players I know wanting to play FLAG football... just curious.

No offense taken. This is a brand new league so I really can't tell you how many kids there will be. I DO know that I have told quite a few people about it and are very excited about the season. There are alot of differences between us and "Tackle" football. First and foremost, its sponsored by the NFL which provides the kids with NFL Flag Jerseys and Flags. During the Fall season, the top Teams in the region get an all expense paid trip paid for by the NFL to Orlando Florida to compete against teams all over the country and be seen on ESPN. Also, like I mention on the Website, this is a Fun league. Unlike "Tackle" football, teams will consist of only 10 kids in which throughtout the season will get the opportunity to play every position including Quarterback. Although each team will have there "Primary QB", each kid on the team will get the chance to take a few snaps throughout the season. In this league, it doesn't matter how Big/Small/Fast or Slow you are, the kids will all be a vital part of the team. I am sure this venture might be considered a "Wussy" sport, however, at this age fundamentals and skills are more important to learn (Throwing/Catching/Running) than teaching a child how to block all season long and that being his only position throughout the season just because of there size or age.

Last edited:

SMYFFL

For anyone interested, I have posted a video on the Website (www.smyffl.com) of the NFL Flag Championship of 2001. It shows exactly how the game is played. Also on Christmas Day at 4:30pm on ESPN, this years NFL Flag Championship can be seen. Reminder that Spring Registration starts February 4th.

SMYFFL

Merry Christmas to all from the Southern Maryland Youth Flag Football League. You can catch all the NFL Flag action Christmas day at 4:30pm on ESPN.