Southwest

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Flights grounded NOT because of vax mandates but because of strange weather phenomena that only affects SWA.

Coincidentally, SWA has dropped it's vax requirement, which had NOTHING to do with the flight cancellations.

"Okay, fine, we'll give you another chance....."

:lmao:

Bushy23

United Airlines implemented its own vaccine mandate in August, a month before the government rules were announced. United had told staff that they would be put on unpaid leave if they received exemptions. More than 96% of its staff is vaccinated.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
United Airlines implemented its own vaccine mandate in August, a month before the government rules were announced. United had told staff that they would be put on unpaid leave if they received exemptions. More than 96% of its staff is vaccinated.
How many quit or retired before being put on leave or fired? That would definitely skew the numbers.

nobody really

I need a nap
i just got back from colorado on sw. made the reservation months ago. dirt cheap, r/t. they changed my itinerary 11 times, but i didnt care, as long as i got there btw 1 and 3pm on 8 oct. no delays, but the airports were a cluster. i talked to a pilot and the flight attendant during a layover. they said its a staffing shortage, supply and demand. alot of pilots lost flight certification during covid, and moved on to other jobs. the flight attendant told me that the flight attendants who left moved on to other jobs (most had degrees, she said). i will still fly sw.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm so grateful for Apollo. Before I got him I used to fly on these terrible airlines with all the terrible people. Then I girded my loins and drove Apollo from Austin TX to SoMD and a whole new world opened up for me. Driving is definitely the way to go. :yay: