Specific Religions Aside..

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
brendar buhl said:
There is this thing in Baltimore called "The Shepard's Guide". It is a Yellow Pages for Christian businesses. My experience has been that theses companies are relying on their Christianity to bring in business instead of what other companies rely on (quality). The plumber that I called gave me an estimate that was nearly twice what "non-Christian" plumbers quoted. Of course you don't want some one installing satanic pipes in your house do you.
Wolves among the sheep.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
2ndAmendment said:
No. "Christian Book Store" comes to mind.
That's different - they specifically sell Christian products. Bob's talking about the auto mechanics or computer repair places (just for example :jet:) who make a big deal out of being a Christian business. Using God as a marketing tool, and like that. Those guys are almost ALWAYS crooks.

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
vraiblonde said:
That's different - they specifically sell Christian products. Bob's talking about the auto mechanics or computer repair places (just for example :jet:) who make a big deal out of being a Christian business. Using God as a marketing tool, and like that. Those guys are almost ALWAYS crooks.

Okay, maybe I don't get it. Does the average joe think christians are somehow more "honest business people" or something? Is this why some people use the word "christian" in their business name? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
wxtornado said:
Okay, maybe I don't get it. Does the average joe think christians are somehow more "honest business people" or something? Is this why some people use the word "christian" in their business name?
Yes. And it's a definite marketing tool, similar to advertising yourself as the lowest prices in town. There are a lot of folks out there that call themselves Christians and may actually attend a regular church, but they're nothing more than wolves among the sheep, like 2A said earlier.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
But my answer is in accordance with itsbob's question.

wxtornado, I do expect a business run by a Christian to stand to the best business ethic. If I am not treated that way, then I may speak to the owner about his business ethic. If he does not correct his ethics, then it is Biblical to bring it to the church leaders and if he still does not correct his ethic, to bring it before the church. It is Biblical for Christians to "police" their own or to make it know that the person is not an accepted member of the church, not an organization, but the body of believers. Most church leaders do not have the Spiritual fortitude to follow the Bible in this regard. Church has become business. And I think Jesus is not too happy about it. Church should be about the business of God.

It is very sad that many have been turned from God by the improper actions of religious, not righteous, people. There is a vast difference between religious and righteous. The scribes and Pharisees that had Jesus crucified were religious men. They were not righteous or they would have recognized Jesus for who He is, the I AM.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
EXACTLY thank you.. I think I remember an auto repair place in Lusby has Christian in their names.. advertised it.. and I think we had more complaints in the forums from them then any other auto repair place.

brendar buhl

Doesn't seem Christian
itsbob said:
EXACTLY thank you.. I think I remember an auto repair place in Lusby has Christian in their names.. advertised it.. and I think we had more complaints in the forums from them then any other auto repair place.

No doubt. It's fine and appropriate to expect high standards from Christians especially considering all of the self-righteous preaching that we do, but you will probably end up being disappointed. In reality Christians end up working of the same set of ethics as everyone else. For proof of that just look at the Churches divorce rate.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I wouldn't consider those that own businesses with "Chrisitiain" in their names so much as Christians (although I'm sure there are some well intentioned Chrsitians that do own some of these busineses) but not so upright business men trying to shear the flock, and take advantage of those that are true Christians.