Spider Bite

F

FireBuff40

Noticed it yesterday morning, now the swelling has grown big as a softball on my left leg, I thought it was a mosquito bite at first, but have never had one this big before, I went to the pharmacy and asked them what they think it was, and they definately said spider bite, came home and looked up bites on the net, and it matches some of the pics. If it gets bigger, I'm definately going to a doctor or the hospital. Has anyone seen one like this before, sorry if the pics are blurry, took them from my cell...

Attachments

• 0602082003[1].jpg
    0602082003[1].jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 684
  • 0602082107[1].jpg
    0602082107[1].jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 273
M

Mousebaby

Eeeeeeeeewwwww!!! Man that looks nasty! I would go to the ER and see if you need some kind of shot or something. I got bit by a spider in SC and had to have anti-venom! Can't be too careful! Good Luck! :howdy:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Had very similar bites occur one week apart on both arms on the inside of my elbow. Did see that first bite was from mosquito but didn't see second biter. Had swelling that extended 4 inches or so in both directions from the bite and itched like heck. Surface of my skin also got really hot.

F

FireBuff40

Had very similar bites occur one week apart on both arms on the inside of my elbow. Did see that first bite was from mosquito but didn't see second biter. Had swelling that extended 4 inches or so in both directions from the bite and itched like heck. Surface of my skin also got really hot.

My mom and girlfriend came over, and mom also said that my skin was hot around the bite area. I have mosquito bites on my left leg to but the are small, this one the whole affected area is probably the size of a softball maybe a little larger.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
My mom and girlfriend came over, and mom also said that my skin was hot around the bite area. I have mosquito bites on my left leg to but the are small, this one the whole affected area is probably the size of a softball maybe a little larger.

I also had some oozing that came from the bite. Like I said I know for sure the first bite was from mosquito. The swelling I saw on myself was way beyond normal mosquito type bites and would not have believed it had I not seen the first one bite. I was in Waldorf for first bite and Lusby for second. Kinda bizzare. As I get older I find my physical reaction to bug bites has gotten worse. Good luck with your issue.

jenbengen

Watch it

I react badly to stuff like this too. My feeling has always been that unless I start feeling weird or ill (aside from the blasting firey pain, itching, and heat radiating from it), I usually wait it out and it improves in a few days. If you start feeling side effects away from the localized spot when you got bit, I'd go in. Otherwise, I would guess you'll be ok (again, aside from the pain, itching, and heat discomfort :lmao:).

bcp

In My Opinion
in this area the only spiders to really worry about are the African American Widow, (didnt want to sound racist by saying black) and the brown recluse
brown recluse is not native here, but it does like to hitchike and that makes it more likely to be found around airports, bus stations and military bases.

B

Bronwyn

in this area the only spiders to really worry about are the African American Widow, (didnt want to sound racist by saying black) and the brown recluse
brown recluse is not native here, but it does like to hitchike and that makes it more likely to be found around airports, bus stations and military bases.

Since Black widow spiders are so easy to identify when you see them... they don't scare me as much as the Brown recluse. Every little brown spider I see is a potential killer in my book, :lmao:

F

FireBuff40

Just had a quick question, I had wrapped the bite area last night, there was no blood around the area, this morning I woke up and there was blood all over the bandage and I was in pain all night, more than I was last night. My mom and girlfriend put peroxide, neosporin and gold bond on the bite and bite area last night, is this something I should be worried about, the bite area is still the size of a softball.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Just had a quick question, I had wrapped the bite area last night, there was no blood around the area, this morning I woke up and there was blood all over the bandage and I was in pain all night, more than I was last night. My mom and girlfriend put peroxide, neosporin and gold bond on the bite and bite area last night, is this something I should be worried about, the bite area is still the size of a softball.

Yes. You should have gone to the docs as soon as you realized you couldn't control the swelling.

Head to the doctor as soon as you can (Or right NOW if you see any discoloration/lines.) I've seen some nasty spider bites down here where removing extra flesh was necessary to treat. Go get it looked at.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Noticed it yesterday morning, now the swelling has grown big as a softball on my left leg, I thought it was a mosquito bite at first, but have never had one this big before, I went to the pharmacy and asked them what they think it was, and they definately said spider bite, came home and looked up bites on the net, and it matches some of the pics. If it gets bigger, I'm definately going to a doctor or the hospital. Has anyone seen one like this before, sorry if the pics are blurry, took them from my cell...

Several years ago a I had gotten bit by something. Red circle appeared a few days later. I took an ink pen and drew a cicle around the red so I could keep an eye on how much it changed each day. Doctors told me that was a great idea to do. Turned out it was Lyme desease. Get out your pen and keep track. good luck, thats a pretty ugly bite and brown recluse are big there.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Lyme Disease

Several years ago a I had gotten bit by something. Red circle appeared a few days later. I took an ink pen and drew a cicle around the red so I could keep an eye on how much it changed each day. Doctors told me that was a great idea to do. Turned out it was Lyme desease. Get out your pen and keep track. good luck, thats a pretty ugly bite and brown recluse are big there.

An important misconception about Lyme Disease..... Erythema chronicum migrans refers to the rash often (though not always) seen in the early stage of Lyme disease. It can appear anywhere from one day to one month after a tick bite.

Be advised.

C

CalvertNewbie

You are too funny, bcp. I see you're trying to be more politically correct! :killingme

C

CalvertNewbie

It's better to be safe, than sorry. If I were in your situation, I'd go to get it checked out right away. Don't take the chance because you don't know what bit you. Keep us posted and good luck!

F

FireBuff40

Just got home from the hospital, had surgery on my leg, it was badly infected, they said that I came at a good time, even though they didnt put me too sleep they did numb my leg before the needles and incision....... :faint:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Just got home from the hospital, had surgery on my leg, it was badly infected, they said that I came at a good time, even though they didnt put me too sleep they did numb my leg before the needles and incision....... :faint:

Glad to hear you're alright. Now go think up a better story for the scars! :lmao:

M

Mousebaby

Dang!!! Did they say what it was?? I mean besides infection! :faint:

basher

LEET

I think picture #1 is your left nipple :lmao: