Spray Tan

DaBu

Has anyone ever tried a spray tan? I think they might be called Mystic Tans.

If so where did you get it done? I'm scared about being orange and streaky.

K

ketelone

There is a place on Great Mills road called Endless Summer tanning and they do it. I just got one done a couple of months ago for a military function I had to go to. You shouldn't have a problem if you just follow the directions. They make you watch this corny video before you do it. It is also really good to get in the bronzing bed for about 5 minutes before you spray tan to open up your pores so the tan last longer. I lvoed it. It lasted about a week or so and then I noticed it starting to fade.

Cowgirl

I've considered this before the wedding, but I'm really nervous about it looking awful.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I've considered this before the wedding, but I'm really nervous about it looking awful.

Go for it Cowgirl, I have also done it when it wasn't summer but had to wear a dress where it would look better with a tan. It looked really nice you couldn't tell it was sprayed on at all..

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

My girls have had it done before prom/homecoming. I think if you do it every once in a while it's ok, but you get the oompa loompa look if you keep doing it. I think the biggest issue they had was around their cuticles. If you don't do things exactly how you are supposed to, you will have stains around there. One of my girls had stains, but I'm sure she flew through there like a bat out of hell. You couldn't notice it unless you knew it was there though, and we got most of it off before the dance.

Go do it now and see how you like the results. That way you know what to expect when it comes time for the wedding or if you even want to do it then or not.

Cowgirl

Go do it now and see how you like the results. That way you know what to expect when it comes time for the wedding or if you even want to do it then or not.

Yeah, I was going to test it before the wedding just to make sure. Still, I'm a little paranoid something will go wrong. :lmao:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Yeah, I was going to test it before the wedding just to make sure. Still, I'm a little paranoid something will go wrong. :lmao:

Why would you be paranoid? :confused:

Attachments

• 430lilomakeup.jpg
    430lilomakeup.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 158
  • anne-hathaway-tan.jpg
    anne-hathaway-tan.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 159

wearepbandj

It really depend on your skin ton. I am really white but have a tint of red in me and i always turn orange no matter what.

Now I'm never going to be able to talk K_Jo into going with me to get one. :lol:
Sure she would... just remind her of how great she looked when she first attempted to use the Bare Minerals warmth as an "all over" sun-kissed look! :smile:

carie_47421

Yea Right
Sure she would... just remind her of how great she looked when she first attempted to use the Bare Minerals warmth as an "all over" sun-kissed look! :smile:

OMG!!! Just to think of someone doing the above made me laugh out loud...I'm sure boss will be in here in no time.....lol

Spray Tan ALWAYS turns me Orange...I am fair skinned tho...:blahblah:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
It was a good look for her. Seriously, I believe that was the final straw that made C_Jo finally decide to go through with the wedding after all these years. :smile:

Just wait till Warnutz and me get married. He's already said that we both have to schedule our tanning appointments at the same time so that we match. :ohwell:

I soooo wanted to be one up on him.

jsouthan

SunFX

I recommend the SunFX spray-on tan. It is applied by hand and they have several different shades so that it really does not look unnatural. I am fair skinned with freckles (burn before I tan, ya know) and I can say that this came out looking great. I started out with the lightest, but during the spring, once I had a little color from sitting out at way too many soccer games, I went to the middle shade. They can also adjust how much product is applied within each shade. Here is a place in Prince Frederick that does it: http://www.rejuvenation.web-forsuccess.com/page/page/3521337.htm

I have not gone to them... I used to work at a spa in Owings that did it, but I wouldn't go there. I would try this place first. I did used to work with the aesthetician, Melissa, at Rejuvination before she went there and she is AWESOME! I do think it is an awesome product, though. Highly recommended!

Last edited:

sarahblk

Sleep Deprived

I got a air brush tan for my wedding and it turned out great. I've done the mystic tan before and hated it.