Spring Bug

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Getting some seeds started. I found a few years back that if I cut the seeds out of a tomato and tossed them in a glass of water, they would sprout. I take the healthiest of them and put them in potting soil until it's time to plant them. Usually takes 4-5 days to see some legs, this year many sprouted in 2 days. This is 5 days of growth since dropping them in water. Time to plant them in potting soil.

These are Campari, I also started some Kumato (brown skin tomato).

Grumpy

Such a bright and sunny morning, definitely starting to feel like early spring. Looks like next week temps will be in the 50s or higher all week.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The seeds I have sprouting by the sunny window made it feel like spring today. I hear birds singing spring songs. Spring peepers can't be far away.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The seeds I have sprouting by the sunny window made it feel like spring today. I hear birds singing spring songs. Spring peepers can't be far away.
I've been hearing peepers for the last couple of evenings. They didn't last long, but they made an appearance. Just what I needed. I've been suffering from the winter blahs lately. I imagine with all the standing water, they're going to have a record year for reproduction.
:dye:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
For some reason, they are always a little later in my stream than anywhere else. By the time I hear them, most everybody else has heard them for awhile.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Nice day, just over 70 here. Got a lot done today.

The only suitable window for my seeds only gets sun for a few hours in the morning, so I got some LED grow light. Basically just red and blue LEDs. Turned them on... :twitch: it's like having a cop car in my room except they don't flash. Very bright, can't stare at them.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
On travel. The further south and west I went, the greener things got. In TN, the ornamental pears and cherries were blooming. By the time I got to AR, there were real leaves sprouting on the trees. Grass was greening up nicely.

Hoping by the time I get back home, things will be more green.