Spring Turkey season

Chris0nllyn

Anyone planning to go out?

I've got off work on Friday, next friday, and 2 weekdays in May.

Going to set my blind up this Wednesday.

Setup includes a Remington 870 sighted in at 40 yards using Winchester Xtended Range Turkey Loads (3", 2oz. #5 shot) with an Extra Full choke.

Not hunting them this season, but I've got turkey in the woods behind my house finally. Saw them in the woods a 1/4 mile away 3 years ago. They have finally spread to my woods. Lots of spots where they had cleared the leaves on the ground back at Thanksgiving. Had 3 in the front yard in January. Had the scouts over to camp in the yard last month and woke up Saturday morning to the birds gobbling in the woods. Hear them almost every day now. Love listening to them from the back porch.

Chris0nllyn

I talked to the property owner of the land I'll be hunting, and he said he sees "tons of birds back there".....No one has hunted the area in years, so I've got my fingers crossed.

bulldog

I'll be headed out. Took off Thursday and Friday and will be out Saturday and Sunday as well.

Note the Sunday...all season long, Sunday hunting is a "go".

I've gone out two weekend mornings and sat in the woods just to hear them on the roost. They are thundering away. I'm reading reports that they are already henned up and are hard to pull away from the girls, but wait it out until later in the morning and odds increase.

Good luck.

Chris0nllyn

Spoke to the property owner yesterday....apparently he's got some friends coming in town and his woods will be crowded Saturday, and possibly Sunday.

I really don't want to go on public land, but I may have to....