Sprint reception in SOMD

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I disagree. I play in a dart league out of the Ridge American Legion. When I had my Verizon cell I never had any service down there. Now that I've switched to Sprint, I have full signal. I switched last April and the Sprint Plan is so much better than Verizon's was. I travel a lot and haven't had any problems with the Sprint coverage.

Interesting.

I hardly ever travel North of gate three, I have Verizon and haven't found a place down here where I don't have a signal, to include the Bay.

My eldest daughter bought Sprint phones in Waldorf and asked, "If they don't work can I return them?" and ended up paying 2 years for 2 paperweights when she lived down here, then she switched to Verizon. I've even been to the legion once or twice since I moved here, and my phones worked great there too.

Verizon was always fair/good, but since they've added the new towers down here it's good-great everywhere.

One other tower has been added down here, but I don't recall if it was Sprint or AT&T.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I disagree. I play in a dart league out of the Ridge American Legion. When I had my Verizon cell I never had any service down there. Now that I've switched to Sprint, I have full signal. I switched last April and the Sprint Plan is so much better than Verizon's was. I travel a lot and haven't had any problems with the Sprint coverage.

I have no problems anywhere in Ridge, including the Legion, with Verizon. Actually I have signal everywhere with Verizon (even out of the country). :shrug:

To the OP, I used to have AT&T, by the time I got home I had no service until I went back up the road to DC. When I called AT&T they let me out of contract because there were no AT&T towers within a radius of my home. Before committing to Sprint, I'd call and ask them to check what if any towers are available around your home/work.

punjabigyrl

Currently we have Verizon, never had an issue with dropped calls, but the bill seems to be increasing every month.
I'm thinking about switching to Sprint, but have heard that their reception isn't as good as Verizon.
Anyone have Sprint? Likes or gripes?

I had the same problem with AT&T. They kept send me a large bill and I would call them to explain how I used up all my minutes since the people I would talk to were "in my plan". I talked to the supervisor to explain my bill and how my minutes get used when talking all my call are "unlimited mobilbe to mobile is free". Come to find out this is the ploy they use to get to move to the next plan. They apologized and gave me a 90 credit for thier ploy.

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
?? I have 0 service in Tall Timbers with Sprint.
I travel to St. George's Island via Indian Bridge Rd and lose service about half way down Indian Bridge then get service again in Callaway and it's gone again about half way to the island.
My phone gets 4 bars across Indian Bridge, I get 4 bars at Dennis Point, don't go as far as the Island, but I used it a few times around OCI and don't remember having any issues.

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
Verizon quietly scraps "new every two" credit - Jan. 13, 2011

I'm not sure if the promotional prices are lower or higher but it sounds like they're simplifying the process, not cutting the discount entirely. Do any other phone companies have that new every two? They were calling the Verizon new every two a "unique" plan.

:

Sprint gives you upgrades every year for one of your lines, so yeah every 2 years is a 'unique' plan.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I had the basic plans, low cost. Nearly everytime I went in to get a new phone, it was , "Oh BTW, if you want that phone you have to upgrade your plan. Your old plan is no longer valid and can't be grandfathered if you get a new phone."

I wound up staying with the same basic phone for years to avoid cost increases.

I hate that. I just want a phone I can make calls with and use text messaging. I do not use any of the other things and do not plan to use them. I had to call verizon to order my last phone because the store didn't have anything that would allow me to keep my current plan.

I have the $35 month plus $5/month unlimited texting. They always tell me I have to upgrade to minimal $40/month plan and $10/month texting because they no longer offer $5 texting. I may switch to a jitterbug...lol