St. James Deli and Pub

ASBrooks88

Anybody on here have any idea when and if, St. James Pub is going to re-open. Last I had heard was they were closing over the winter/spring, for a remodel. I drove by on Monday, and they are taped off, and boarded up (from the inside). So any news, they have hands-down the best Pizza in the county!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
They were planning for a spring opening....our lovely warlords in Leonardtown I believe stopped that....

Homer J

Power Chord
I ran into the owner at the Dameron post office right before the SHTF. He said then that he hopes to be able to open by late fall. He apparently ran into some delays with permits, but is working now. I got the impression he is doing most of the work himself.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Didn't thin they were going to be shut down that long, but it sounds like beginning of 2021.

They closed for renovation, so at the least their shut down isn't COVID related, though the length of closing could be. Their last renovations had awesome returns for them so hoping the same happens this time!

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wish they never closed the pub section, that was a great lunchtime spot.
Agreed, but I understand they were bleeding money.. They were a separate, stand alone business to the Deli, and they weren't making enough money to stay open.

Hoping they expand the deli, and incorporate that area into the Deli..

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Agreed, but I understand they were bleeding money.. They were a separate, stand alone business to the Deli, and they weren't making enough money to stay open.

Hoping they expand the deli, and incorporate that area into the Deli..

He is!!!! I think he's planning on a small restaurant type place serving beer and wine but no hard liquor.