St Marys County Sherrifs Office Arrests for 4-15

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Exactly which aisle in Kohl's are the "drugs" located in? Can you buy drugs with store credit?

I can understand if she returned for CASH.... but the story says "store credit" which, last I checked, meant you could only use to make purchases for store items.

So... back to my original question. Why steal store items... then return them... for credit to buy store items?

She was saving those store credits to buy something nice to wear to her job interview. Or a Keurig.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Exactly which aisle in Kohl's are the "drugs" located in? Can you buy drugs with store credit?

I can understand if she returned for CASH.... but the story says "store credit" which, last I checked, meant you could only use to make purchases for store items.

So... back to my original question. Why steal store items... then return them... for credit to buy store items?

again, just a guess since I'm not enough of a sleaze ball to try it,.....
If you return merchandise without a receipt store will often do the return (at least one time) and issue store credit.
But if you use that store credit to "buy" that merchandise and then return it, with a receipt (which you now have) you might get cash.
Or simply they now "legally" (with a receipt) walk out of the store with merchandise and exchange it for cash outside

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
again, just a guess since I'm not enough of a sleaze ball to try it,.....
If you return merchandise without a receipt store will often do the return (at least one time) and issue store credit.
But if you use that store credit to "buy" that merchandise and then return it, with a receipt (which you now have) you might get cash.
Or simply they now "legally" (with a receipt) walk out of the store with merchandise and exchange it for cash outside

Kohl's will issue a new merchandise credit if you return items bought with merchandise credit.

officeguy

You cant buy drugs with baby formula either yet it is a popular theft item used for conversion. Store credit receipts (or the gift cards the credit gets loaded onto) are sold for cash in the hood.

She didn't choose crime for a career because MIT physics wasn't enough of a challenge.

rdytogo

Well, I was talking with a Loss Prevention officer at Nordstroms in Annapolis one day and this topic came up. BY STORE POLICY, even if the LP officer observes a person doing this, they are to take NO ACTION except note the offenders car tag number OR get a vague description of the person and turn it over to MALL SECURITY......Why??? Because some corporate lawyer does not want to offend a NORDSTROMS customer......Thats NORDSTROMS at Annapolis Mall....

If this is the manner in which Nordstrom trains their LP officers, it's probably good that they don't train them to tackle shoplifters. Somehow, I believe you are quite mistaken and Nordstrom does not ask it's LP officers to only provide a vague description.

I always wonder if I'm being watched. Especially if I'm walking away from the cosmetics section, because I usually grab something small that will roll out of my cart (or could easily slide into my purse) I typically carry small stuff like this and wonder if the camera is watching me waiting for me to stick it in my purse because I didn't put it in the cart. I also don't like pulling my phone out of my purse when I'm in a store, because I'm afraid when I put it back into my purse, the "camera" will think I'm stealing something. I'd hate to be stopped outside the store for "stealing" my phone. LOL
I feel and act exactly the same way, except I always assume the cameras are on me. For a long time I was paranoid about it, because every time I'd enter and start walking thru a store, I'd hear, "Security, scan sector 3" or something. EVERY TIME I was in the store. I was sure I was being scanned and followed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I always wonder if I'm being watched. Especially if I'm walking away from the cosmetics section, because I usually grab something small that will roll out of my cart (or could easily slide into my purse) I typically carry small stuff like this and wonder if the camera is watching me waiting for me to stick it in my purse because I didn't put it in the cart. I also don't like pulling my phone out of my purse when I'm in a store, because I'm afraid when I put it back into my purse, the "camera" will think I'm stealing something. I'd hate to be stopped outside the store for "stealing" my phone. LOL

I feel and act exactly the same way, except I always assume the cameras are on me. For a long time I was paranoid about it, because every time I'd enter and start walking thru a store, I'd hear, "Security, scan sector 3" or something. EVERY TIME I was in the store. I was sure I was being scanned and followed.
I repeatedly get shocked when getting items off the shelves in Target. Why is that?

Goldenhawk

I have no data to support this, but I'm pretty sure they make those announcements precisely to keep people paranoid. Do you really think they'd broadcast something like that for any real operational reason? If it was about actually catching the shoplifter, they won't cue him/her in that they're being watched...

BOP

Store credit allows her to buy stuff and not use welfare money to buy stuff. That's money better spend on drugs. Getit?

BOP

If this is the manner in which Nordstrom trains their LP officers, it's probably good that they don't train them to tackle shoplifters. Somehow, I believe you are quite mistaken and Nordstrom does not ask it's LP officers to only provide a vague description.

By vague, maybe they mean "we can't broadcast what race the person is."