St. Mary's GIS

Grumpy

Neighbor had landscapers come in and start clearing the wooded area behind his house and in the process, they started clearing some of my woods. Told him (neighbor) that he needed to check his plat because his guys were clearing my land. He pretty much ignored me and had the landscapers put in a tiered railroad tie flower garden on the land between our houses. 2 weeks after the landscapers disappeared, I fenced my yard six inches inside my property line and took 3/4 of his flower garden and had approximately 500 sq ft of cleared woods in the back corner of my lot.

Neighbor had landscapers come in and start clearing the wooded area behind his house and in the process, they started clearing some of my woods. Told him (neighbor) that he needed to check his plat because his guys were clearing my land. He pretty much ignored me and had the landscapers put in a tiered railroad tie flower garden on the land between our houses. 2 weeks after the landscapers disappeared, I fenced my yard six inches inside my property line and took 3/4 of his flower garden and had approximately 500 sq ft of cleared woods in the back corner of my lot.
I'll bet that went over like a Led Zeppelin!

BOP

Wow and my mom gets mad at her neighbor that keeps mowing closer and closer to her house. A couple summers ago I found the lot stakes (rebar hammered into the corners of the lot) and put up surveying tape for about a week and told the neighbor I was thinking of putting in a fence for her. The mowing over in her yard stopped.

Tell her if she'd keep her damn grass cut, I wouldn't have to mow all the way up to her house.

BOP

Is there any chance that your neighbors thought those flower beds belonged to them? If I moved into a house with a fence in the yard I would assume that my side of the fence was mine.

My neighbors and I consider the fences to be the property lines, but they are either on on damn close to the actual lines.

Mine are on the property line on either side. I went to both neighbors and said rather than asking you to bear half the cost, how about if I put a fence on the property line? They both said yes, so there you have it.