St. Mary's Landing

R

rallwine2000

Just had the worst dinner ever. Drove from Lex. Pk to Mech. to St. Mary's Landing, first the waitress was asking what we wanted before we were ever in our seats. Ordered Prime Rib medium, it came rare and cold. Baked potato cold, the waitress Barbara was so rude, instead of asking would I like something else, she said she would take it off the bill. So, still hungry, 25 min. drive for nothing and didn't even get an I'm sorry. I've worked in a few resturants in my life, but never have had that sorry of a meal. Don't reccommend going there. It's a shame the Hills have that their place go down. What ever happened to making the customer happy? Guess customer service is a thing of the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rallwine2000

Bogart said:
It was rice.
No it wasn't rice, I know rare from medium. I stay away from the places that serve "rice" and anything extra in my tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gemmi

I've had bad and good meals at some restaurants.Several years ago,we had a terrible dinner at the Lighthouse Inn in Solomon's.Never went back.I've had good and bad food at what was Evan's Seafood.Never had bad food or service at The Outback! :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't get down very often and I typically eat at Willows when I do because I know it will always be delish. And I had a surprisingly good crabcake at Clarke's Landing the other day. <--- surprisingly, because I typically snub restaurant crabcakes.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
rallwine2000 said:
Just had the worst dinner ever.
Have to agree, went there once for dinner and 90% of the dinner menue is fried food :dead:
My Riding club meets there for breakfast in the chilly months and there brunch buffet is great.

K

Kain99

Hills has taken a HUGE nose dive since the move... I have to disagree about the brunch buffet. The sausage is yuck and the icky maple syrup steam that rises from them taints the rest of the food. jmho

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
I don't get down very often and I typically eat at Willows when I do because I know it will always be delish. And I had a surprisingly good crabcake at Clarke's Landing the other day. <--- surprisingly, because I typically snub restaurant crabcakes.
Clarkes is known for that crabcake. Try the flat iron steak sandwhich (only avail. at lunch) and the hot seafood salad. :yum:

R

remaxrealtor

Mikeinsmd said:
Clarkes is known for that crabcake. Try the flat iron steak sandwhich (only avail. at lunch) and the hot seafood salad. :yum:

I have a burning desire to scold you for "sandwhich", only because of your impeccable grammar! :whistle:

Thanks for the tip on the hot seafood salad...I was considering it the other day, but went w/the Bourbon Street Scallops (yum!). I'll give the salad a try next time!

Mikeinsmd

remaxrealtor said:
I have a burning desire to scold you for "sandwhich", only because of your impeccable grammar! :whistle: Thanks for the tip on the hot seafood salad...I was considering it the other day, but went w/the Bourbon Street Scallops (yum!). I'll give the salad a try next time!
Mike~~~> :stupid: :whack: :dork: :banghead:

I had the scallops too... I agree!! :yum:

The Sam Adams Summer Wheat is :yum: too. :cheers: