Stage 2 Uterine Cancer

Geek

This thread put tears in my eyes. What a kind soul you are Caution. Prayers for you, your boys and your ex.

Caution

This thread put tears in my eyes. What a kind soul you are Caution. Prayers for you, your boys and your ex.

Aww thank you but c'mon now. If you were in my situation wouldn't you be trying to do the same? It's just the right thing to try to do.

Whatever works for your family. Either way, seing their mom sick will be stressful for them and and teenagers at times don't express their stress in a direct way. Try to keep a direct line with them, your ex and your kids teachers, you dont want to hear about school issues when report cards arrive.

All the best, this wont be fun.

Ya I can remember when my dad was dying. There were days that it really got to me but then again there were days were it had just been the normal routine around the house. I got to a point I did not really talk about it with anyone. The kids at school were aware of it because I was in a program in Calvert called the AIA "Academically, Intellectually Able", if I recall, so the majority of my classes were comprised of the same students being in each class. So everyone knew but very seldom brought it up.

Having been through that I hope I can be a good sounding board for the boys. Working on it.

sunnyside393

Cancer

Aww thank you but c'mon now. If you were in my situation wouldn't you be trying to do the same? It's just the right thing to try to do.

Ya I can remember when my dad was dying. There were days that it really got to me but then again there were days were it had just been the normal routine around the house. I got to a point I did not really talk about it with anyone. The kids at school were aware of it because I was in a program in Calvert called the AIA "Academically, Intellectually Able", if I recall, so the majority of my classes were comprised of the same students being in each class. So everyone knew but very seldom brought it up.

Having been through that I hope I can be a good sounding board for the boys. Working on it.

Your family is blessed to have you there. Many thoughts and prayers are being sent for you.

Grammie

I was diagnosed with stage 1b endometrial cancer in 2005 and referred to Dr. Neil Rosenshein at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. I had a total hysterectomy with no further treatment - just regular check-ups. The recovery was not bad.

My thoughts and prayers for your wife, you and children.