Stall Mats

Sparks

barncat said:
No, I'm not at the farm any longer, been several years. Do they still have the gray mare? If so, she's super nice.

Oh, I'm sorry. I could have sworn you were the same person.
No, I think the gray has been sold - atleast the ad online says so.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
barncat said:
They did have rubber pavers done...what a PITA trying to sweep them things...they are practical from a horse care prospective, but not practical to keep clean when you have sawdust and hay in the barn. I do not miss sweeping those aisles.

Do I know you Sparks?

We stopped sweeping our aisle...a leaf blower is much quicker and more effective. My motto is "Efficiency driven by Laziness! :whistle:

covekat

We just layed down rubber mats in our new barn... we were thinking about Stall Skins, but they have had mixed reviews, so we went with what we know..

Channel Locks are a must! Also, we used a circular electric saw to cut the mats to fit... our stalls have a bankrun, sandstone base.

covekat

Gooseneck said:
Vice grips work better than channel locks. :yay:

I wouldnt know because I dont move them, LOL.... Hubby and employees have that job... I'll have to mention it to him, and see which ones he uses... I know I heard Channel Locks, have seen them, but dont know the difference!

Gooseneck

covekat said:
I wouldnt know because I dont move them, LOL.... Hubby and employees have that job... I'll have to mention it to him, and see which ones he uses... I know I heard Channel Locks, have seen them, but dont know the difference!

First picture is a channel lock. The second is a vice grip. The vice grip locks onto the mat, so all you have to do is pull with it. The channel lock requires you to use hand pressure to both grip the mat and pull.

Attachments

• channel lock.jpg
    channel lock.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 73
  • vice grips.jpg
    vice grips.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 53