Stanley's Playoffs Begin

Baz

This. ------------------>
Flyers jerseys look like they were put together by a 7 year-old playing with a color-form set :lol:

Baz

Maybe the Flyers should stop handing out those orange t-shirts with the "tough (lame) sayings. There was "Vengeance Now" ( Vengeance against who??? Their own suck??) There was "Why Not Us?" (which is the whineyist "rally call" I've ever heard. Penguins were why not.) Then there was "Orange Crush", which the Penguins did. Now there's "Philly Tough". Yep.

:killingme

Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Lord Stanley where art thou.:buddies:

Really havent had a chance to post lately. Then again, I really have nothing to post about.

Im dumbfounded that the flyers can beat the Devils in 5 then get swept by the Bruins... I almost didnt play hockey last night, cause I really wanted to watch the game on TV. Im glad I decided to play and honor the commitment to my team... Which is something the flyers have seemed to loose after beating Jersey. Maybe they had too much time off in between rounds and just lost that spark... I dont know. But its disgusting to watch.

Last edited:

Baz

Really havent had a chance to post lately. Then again, I really have nothing to post about.

Im dumbfounded that the flyers can beat the Devils in 5 then get swept by the Bruins... I almost didnt play hockey last night, cause I really wanted to watch the game on TV. Im glad I decided to play and honor the commitment to my team... Which is something the flyers have seemed to loose after beating Jersey. Maybe they had too much time off in between rounds and just lost that spark... I dont know. But its disgusting to watch.

Well, hopefully the Flyers can circle the wagons and take game 4. Not sure if they let their foot off the gas when they got back to Philly. They had been playing Boston tough. Like to see them at least make things interesting.

Baz

Well, The Flyers certainly circled the wagons! Will they complete the comeback?

Peter Forsberg

Well, The Flyers certainly circled the wagons! Will they complete the comeback?
How is Cindy's golf game coming? Philly 3 Mon 1.... I will give you some credit you are still at least paying attention to hockey still, Caps fans have been MIA for awhile.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How is Cindy's golf game coming? Philly 3 Mon 1.... I will give you some credit you are still at least paying attention to hockey still, Caps fans have been MIA for awhile.

The first period yesterday was some of the best hockey I have ever watched.

Philly is dominating Montreal in ways that DC and Pitt simply could not. It's odd. The Caps and Penns are clearly better teams but they both seemed to fall into the talent trap or relying on individual excellence to save their bacon which, it should be noted, almost worked for both in very closes 7 game series.

Philly is doing what any team of the late 80's and into the 90's would have done; beat up the little guys, playing SOLID defense, moving the puck and attacking. And it's still fairly close. I ain't burying the Habs until they are actually dead.

Great stuff and I think Philly wins it all with this formula. :buddies:

OldHillcrestGuy

Im still here.:buddies: Flyers and Blackhawks in the finals. I'll be a Flyer fan for a few weeks.:killingme, root for the Eastern Conference.

Peter Forsberg

The first period yesterday was some of the best hockey I have ever watched.

Philly is dominating Montreal in ways that DC and Pitt simply could not. It's odd. The Caps and Penns are clearly better teams but they both seemed to fall into the talent trap or relying on individual excellence to save their bacon which, it should be noted, almost worked for both in very closes 7 game series.

Philly is doing what any team of the late 80's and into the 90's would have done; beat up the little guys, playing SOLID defense, moving the puck and attacking. And it's still fairly close. I ain't burying the Habs until they are actually dead.

Great stuff and I think Philly wins it all with this formula. :buddies:
I have been following hockey for awhile and this has been a very strange plyafoffs for sure. If the other team doesn't get shots to the net they won't score. If we finish off Mon the Hawks are going to be tough to beat.

Peter Forsberg

From day one I was telling Caps fans it's going to come down to goaltending. If the Flyers and Hawks meet in the final goaltending will once again be key. Hawks have alot more offense then the Habs!

LordStanley

I know nothing
Halak was the only thing standing between the caps and the second round.

The Pens started to exploit that, but fell apart with bad defense and goaltending...

A Hot goalie is a hot goalie, but its exhausting on a net minder if he has to make that many saves game after game.

Caps shots on net against the Habs
47-37-36-38-38-54-42 ...... 41.71 shots average
Caps shots against
38-24-27-39-28-22-16 ....... 27.71 shots average

Pens shots on net against the Habs
24-39-25-35-25-37-39........ 32 shots average
Pens shots against
31-21-18-25-33-25-20........ 24 shots average

If the caps were the better team, they should have been able to find a way to score on the power play.
If the pens were the better team they should have played better D and Fluery should have stood on his head too.

-------------------------
Flyers/Habs series

Flyers shots on net
25-23-26-25

Canadians shots on net
28-30-38-17

Flyers are playing all around good hockey. Getting production from everyone on the team. Not one or 2 guys, but everyone.

The Habs relied on halak too much and 3 shutouts by the flyers proved that.

Halak can still steal this series or at least take it another game or 2...