Starbucks Charlotte Hall

Nupe2

What happened with that project of a new McKay's. Do they own that property?

The word that I got a couple of years ago was that they didn't have the funding required to complete the project. My source was questionable, so I'm not sure. I think they purchased the property but again, I'm not sure.

Savage

What happened with that project of a new McKay's. Do they own that property?
That property is an eye sore for the county. There was a homeless guy living there at one time in the concrete drainage pipe. People dumping trash and there’s even an abandoned boat there now. Why does the county allow that site to continue to be poorly maintained? They need to do something with it….it’s a dump literally!

OldHillcrestGuy

I believe that property belongs to Parlett now. I also heard that there was some type of problem with money. Yes the county and state were asking for all kinds of things from potential developers as far as turn lanes curbs sidewalks. It is getting to be a eyesore and after they cleared that land off, the creek that starts on that property that's runs across Charlotte Hall Rd and into the woods then past the Three Notch Trail and into Melody Acres I believe has caused that creek to overflow onto Handel Dr. at both locations where it crosses the road 2 different times. Ive lived back there for over 40yrs and until that land was cleared we never had a problem with the road flooding.

PeoplesElbow

The word that I got a couple of years ago was that they didn't have the funding required to complete the project. My source was questionable, so I'm not sure. I think they purchased the property but again, I'm not sure.
I'd have to thought he would have had his kid print some.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I believe that property belongs to Parlett now. I also heard that there was some type of problem with money. Yes the county and state were asking for all kinds of things from potential developers as far as turn lanes curbs sidewalks. It is getting to be a eyesore and after they cleared that land off, the creek that starts on that property that's runs across Charlotte Hall Rd and into the woods then past the Three Notch Trail and into Melody Acres I believe has caused that creek to overflow onto Handel Dr. at both locations where it crosses the road 2 different times. Ive lived back there for over 40yrs and until that land was cleared we never had a problem with the road flooding.
Well shouldn't developers be responsible for turn lanes, curbs, and sidewalks? They are building up the place adding to any future State/County road congestion. The State, or County, is only responsible for travel roads that would allow exit/entrance leaving the developer to connect their own feeder entrance/exit road to the State/County primary road. That not too much ask. The developers own the property, unless of course they cede property via a permanent right of way or transfer said necessary land for roads into their center to the State or County. And that won't happen.

Clem72

We had dinner at Ceasars Bacchanal last night... It was a 9.0
Stone Crabs, Bone Marrow... Around the World Menu..
And yes, the Amish restaurants are always well worth it.

Edit... She just told me dinner at Gallaghers tonight.. Sounds like a lobster and a aged Porterhouse.

Looks good, but seriously this isn't Instagram. Why do we need pictures of what you (or you son) are eating all the time?

Nupe2

If I may ...

Well shouldn't developers be responsible for turn lanes, curbs, and sidewalks? They are building up the place adding to any future State/County road congestion. The State, or County, is only responsible for travel roads that would allow exit/entrance leaving the developer to connect their own feeder entrance/exit road to the State/County primary road. That not too much ask. The developers own the property, unless of course they cede property via a permanent right of way or transfer said necessary land for roads into their center to the State or County. And that won't happen.

The developers/owners did indeed add rights of way to the property, including a turn lane from Northbound Route 5. I think those of us in the area thought this was a positive development and that construction would be underway shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, that was not the case. There was indeed a homeless man living on the land this past summer and there is a boat there now! Both situations were/are untenable. Hopefully, the land will be used as intended or sold to someone who has the necessary funding to complete a project...but please no more strip mall type stores.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was gonna post a pic of my PB&J and Yoohoo but not with all this hate float'n around!

:slam:

OldHillcrestGuy

If I may ...

Yes they should be the ones picking up the check for necessary road improvements. The one thing that chased off one of the plans, was I believe a Giant was looking at the site for a store and wanted to put a redlight in at the Burger King crossover the state said no. They said you could widen the small little stretch of Golden Beach rd. to more lanes.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If the county and the state was REALLY serious about Charlotte Hall they would have, should have fully build Triangle Drive from RT 6 to Mohawk Drive.

Clem72

Because no one wants to see the dollar menu meals you have for dinner dicklips....

It is unfortunate that the dollar menu is still the best food you can find here in Leonardtown. And while I appreciate your attempt to give me a pet name, we ain't that close, so you can keep using that one for your significant other.

black dog

Free America
It is unfortunate that the dollar menu is still the best food you can find here in Leonardtown. And while I appreciate your attempt to give me a pet name, we ain't that close, so you can keep using that one for your significant other.

Its gotta be tough to get someting good to eat when you depend on public transportation...