Start/Stop System

SamSpade

Ok, they are coming out to look at it - they think the mechanic who put in the oil filter may have missed one of the rings that sometimes pulls off when you remove the filter - and - basically - installed it wrong. So there's oil everywhere.

On the other hand the boss suggested it might be Dodge has a defective housing. In which case - THEY wouldn't be liable. Bullshite - it's an out.

I'm wondering what kind of dance they will pull.

If they fix it up - and it runs right - I'm fine. But I don't want to hear a lie if they effed up.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My thoughts exactly - unless it somehow shorted the battery, maybe it will correct itself once the oil dries up?
Hard to say. Might need to run it thru the car wash with undercarrige wash a few times. But make sure they know it wasn't working when you drove out of their place. The "manufacturer defect" is a very long stretch for the oil leak.

SamSpade

Hard to say. Might need to run it thru the car wash with undercarrige wash a few times. But make sure they know it wasn't working when you drove out of their place. The "manufacturer defect" is a very long stretch for the oil leak.
Well they were professionals. I am not sure who the guy was, but I think he was the boss. Drove out himself, checked it out, diagnosed it as a failed ring on the filter, tested it thoroughly and when confident it would be ok, asked me to bring it to the shop, where they put it through its paces.

It's all good. They cleaned out all the oil, fixed it up good as new. Call if you need anything else.

I'm good.

Oh - and the start stop thing corrected itself. My guess is, it doesn't want to work with low oil pressure.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Ok, they are coming out to look at it - they think the mechanic who put in the oil filter may have missed one of the rings that sometimes pulls off when you remove the filter - and - basically - installed it wrong. So there's oil everywhere.
Are they talking about the rubber gasket from the old filter staying behind when it was removed? This happens from time to time and usually ends up with the "oil changer" being let go. If you overlook a simple thing like that, you aren't cut out for an automotive career. One little oversight could've cost the business owner a huge bill, lost customer, and bad publicity.

I'm glad it was corrected and I hope that's the end of your problems.

SamSpade

Are they talking about the rubber gasket from the old filter staying behind when it was removed?

Yeah, although on my car it's more like a thick rubber band. And he said they always change them. It LOOKED new, but it was still mooshed on on part. It might have been defective when they put it on, or it might have happened during the change.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yeah, although on my car it's more like a thick rubber band. And he said they always change them. It LOOKED new, but it was still mooshed on on part. It might have been defective when they put it on, or it might have happened during the change.
Yep. Someone will be looking for a new job. One of the junior guys did it where my son works. Luckily they caught it before it left the lot. Son said, "He won't be here tomorrow".