Started As Pollen-Triggered Allergies

DEEKAYPEE8569

I'm just saying to treat it like medicine.

Think about it; the cure for a snake bite is some snake venom. The cure for polio is a little bit of virus. People are immune to all sorts of things they were exposed to in small doses. Allergy shots, same thing. That's why it works; a LITTLE bit of what ails you. Which is why it needs to be local and raw. The goodies are IN there. So, then, it becomes 'how much is enough' and how much is not?' One spoon a day was suggested to me so, that's what I am doing.

So, listen to your body. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less? :buddies:

I appreciate the advice Larry. I'm not trying to argue with you. Now I'll do one teaspoon a day for a while and see how it works since I took two yesterday.
Funnily enough, my head feels better today than it did yesterday. I don't know if it's the weather today or the honey but :shrug:.

The thing I miss is homemade cough syrup; whiskey and honey in an old cough syrup bottle. Can't have it whether I have a cough or not.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I appreciate the advice Larry. I'm not trying to argue with you. Now I'll do one teaspoon a day for a while and see how it works since I took two yesterday.
Funnily enough, my head feels better today than it did yesterday. I don't know if it's the weather today or the honey but :shrug:.

The thing I miss is homemade cough syrup; whiskey and honey in an old cough syrup bottle. Can't have it whether I have a cough or not.

I'm not trying to argue either. Everyone thinks I am an arguer but I'm not. :angel:

In any event, glad to hear. The rain knocked a lot of the pollen down so, just see how you feel over the next week. :buddies:

What the heck is causing all this stuff?

.....now it feels like a summer cold. Self-medicating doesn't seem to be working, so it's off to the M.D......but couldn't get an appointment til Monday; and the grass needs to be cut this weekend.
I have a feeling I'm gonna be in way worse shape than I already am now, come Monday. Here's hoping I'm not. :fingerscrossed:

Wife got to feeling bad two weeks ago and developed a horrible, horrible cough, spitting up all kinds of stuff. No fever, no upset stomach. Just feeling like crap and coughing up a lung.

As soon as she starts feeling better and cough starts subsiding (a full week later with antibiotics and cough meds), I get the same damn thing. A week later I'm feeling better but still coughing a bit.

Today, son comes home from work early feeling terrible. Dry cough, bad headache, and 101 fever.

What the hell is going around down here? Wife and I haven't really been anywhere or been around anyone who's been sick, except each other. Anyone heard of anything going around?

Roman

Wife got to feeling bad two weeks ago and developed a horrible, horrible cough, spitting up all kinds of stuff. No fever, no upset stomach. Just feeling like crap and coughing up a lung.

As soon as she starts feeling better and cough starts subsiding (a full week later with antibiotics and cough meds), I get the same damn thing. A week later I'm feeling better but still coughing a bit.

Today, son comes home from work early feeling terrible. Dry cough, bad headache, and 101 fever.

What the hell is going around down here? Wife and I haven't really been anywhere or been around anyone who's been sick, except each other. Anyone heard of anything going around?
Germs are every where. Especially on handles of shopping carts. Imagine how many people touch those things in a course of the day. Some people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom, or picking their nose. You don't have to be around sick people to catch germs. Avoid touching your face while out & about, and wash your hands after an outing. I hope you all feel better soon.