Steny Hoyer Hospitalized for Pneumonia

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So, this was on the news earlier today.

Pneumonia at any age is dangerous, but I would think at 79 it's even worse. Seems odd to get pneumonia in the summer time, though.

House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer remained hospitalized in Washington on Wednesday after being admitted earlier this week with a case of pneumonia.
“Mr. Hoyer was admitted to the George Washington University Hospital yesterday and was diagnosed with pneumococcal pneumonia,” Katie Grant, Hoyer’s spokeswoman, said in a statement.

“He is being treated with antibiotics and resting, and is expected to make a full recovery quickly. He looks forward to being back at work very soon.”
Hoyer, 79, has been the No. 2 House Democrat for more than 15 years, and has made no secret that he would like to lead the caucus when House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) retires.

Before checking into the hospital, Hoyer was coming off an extensive weekend of campaigning with Democratic incumbents and swing-district candidates in Wisconsin and Illinois. Hoyer also squeezed in a few policy events, including visiting a community health center in Chicago.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/04/steny-hoyer-hospitalized-pneumonia-694785

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's "our boy"...
Before checking into the hospital, Hoyer was coming off an extensive weekend of campaigning with Democratic incumbents and swing-district candidates in Wisconsin and Illinois. Hoyer also squeezed in a few policy events, including visiting a community health center in Chicago.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Sorry he's sick but he probably caught it because he had his head up Nancy Pelosi's butt and couldn't breathe.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Wouldn't it be cute if the doctors and nurses at the hospital took Maxine Waters advice and refused him service?

warneckutz

Sorry he's sick but he probably caught it because he had his head up Nancy Pelosi's butt and couldn't breathe.

If that were the case, you know sappy is dreaming of what it's like to be "nancy p" right now ... all the while missing his homey, barack osama.

Toxick

Splat
Praying for Hoyer's swift recovery*.

*No sarcasm**

** Is it bad that I feel the need to explicitly state that I'm not being sarcastic.

terbear1225

Praying for Hoyer's swift recovery*.

*No sarcasm**

** Is it bad that I feel the need to explicitly state that I'm not being sarcastic.

I dont wish ill health on anyone. I do however wish he would decide to retire once he is fully recovered.

Hijinx

St. Mary's MedStar isn't good enough for him?

Probably he doesn't feel that it is, and they don't have "special" suite's for the "special" people there either.

One thing about his absence from the Hill, it isn't slowing anything down, The Democrats are just there blocking everything any way.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Probably he doesn't feel that it is, and they don't have "special" suite's for the "special" people there either.

One thing about his absence from the Hill, it isn't slowing anything down, The Democrats are just there blocking everything any way.

A legend in his own mind. :yay: