Still LOVE my SKINS!!!

Beta84

They're out to get us
Randel El I believe.

Skins got rid of Colt Brennan? That makes sense. You've got a questionable starter and an old fart craptastic backup. Maybe they should have a 3rd string project that could be developed into a serviceable player.

angelbaby

Skins got rid of Colt Brennan? That makes sense. You've got a questionable starter and an old fart craptastic backup. Maybe they should have a 3rd string project that could be developed into a serviceable player.

He was placed on injured reserve.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

QB is not THE problem. The O line is THE problem.

Pete

Repete

I disagree and agree. I think the O-line is deficient BUT I believe if Campbell was given an hour in the pocket per pass play he would still be undecided and confused and over/under throw it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I disagree and agree. I think the O-line is deficient BUT I believe if Campbell was given an hour in the pocket per pass play he would still be undecided and confused and over/under throw it.

Jason Campbell is NOT a good quarterback but he is capable. That said, his skill set has been a known component for at least all of last year and was made stark when he went down against the Bears two years ago and Collins INSTANTLY started making the O click.

So, the Skins made the decision off season Jason was it, end of story. We live with it. He's OK with a solid line, maybe even playoffs. Maybe. If the line was solid we'd be 3-3, maybe 4-2 just because of a few more field goals we've lost to sacks or rushed plays.

All I am arguing is that the PRIMARY problem is a line featuring two guys right now who wouldn't be back ups for anyone, Williams and Heyer and, Rinehart and Montgomery who'd likely only be back ups.

I mean, name one thing we did well from week one? What do we do? Throw deep? Screen? Solid running game? Slant passes? We've got no identity to fall back on, no things we do great to help get by as good teams do.

The whole season was bet on the old guys holding up one more year, which isn't unthinkable, and the D being super good, not just top 10.

The line is in shambles and the D is good but not great. Zorn can't fix that. Lewis can't. No one can in this day and age. After the Raiders win yesterday, it's not hard seeing us go 0 for the rest of the year. :shrug:

Every team starts with it's lines, O and D. That still hasn't changed.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Do they dare try and re sign Chase Daniel who is currently on the NO practice squad as a just in case? I mean if it gets to Randle El he won't be able to signal fair catch to avoid being hit.

angelbaby

What I don't understand is why do the Redskins always play to the caliber of their opponent? We played the Giants (who are a great team) and kept right up with them. Look at the points they have scored on their other opponents. If the Redskins were such a bad team wouldnt they have scored 30 or more points on us? (I'm not defending them, I'm asking the question). Then we played the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, and Chiefs none of which are great teams. Yet we struggled. Next week we play the Eagles. If we come out and play to their caliber (before the Raiders debacle) then my point is proven. I just personally don't understand it.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
What I don't understand is why do the Redskins always play to the caliber of their opponent? We played the Giants (who are a great team) and kept right up with them. Look at the points they have scored on their other opponents. If the Redskins were such a bad team wouldnt they have scored 30 or more points on us? (I'm not defending them, I'm asking the question). Then we played the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, and Chiefs none of which are great teams. Yet we struggled. Next week we play the Eagles. If we come out and play to their caliber (before the Raiders debacle) then my point is proven. I just personally don't understand it.

They get lucky...

I'm telling ya, Snyder is the problem.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Then we played the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, and Chiefs none of which are great teams. Yet we struggled. Next week we play the Eagles. If we come out and play to their caliber (before the Raiders debacle) then my point is proven. I just personally don't understand it.
The above teams were overheard asking if the NFL could rearrange the rest of their schedule so they could play the skins every Sunday...:yahoo:
I told a friend that the coaches should put the player's paychecks in the end zone. This would give them incentive to get there.
NO team making that kind of money should ever be less than .500 in a year. Readjust their salary to be based on points and wins/losses then watch how they play...I've given up totally on pro football. I was a big fan until Norv Turner came to town.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Do they dare try and re sign Chase Daniel who is currently on the NO practice squad as a just in case? I mean if it gets to Randle El he won't be able to signal fair catch to avoid being hit.
He was cut I'm pretty sure.

Beta84

They're out to get us
He was placed on injured reserve.
that sucks

QB is A problem, even though the OL is THE problem. Campbell would be serviceable if he had a line that could block for him and a running game.

They don't play to their opponent. They just have a good defense, so they're always in the game to some extent.