~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
  • Love
Reactions: BOP

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Chuckie baby ain't happy with that...

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer is planning to push for a provision in the next coronavirus package that would stop President Donald Trump from putting his name on any additional stimulus checks.

The so-called “No PR Act” would prohibit the use of federal dollars toward any material that promotes Trump or Vice President Mike Pence’s names or signatures.

“President Trump unfortunately appears to see the pandemic as just another opportunity to promote his own political interests,” the New York Democrat said in a statement. “The No PR Act puts an end to the president’s exploitation of taxpayer money for promotional material that only benefits his re-election campaign.”

👶

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Heard yesterday that those on SSI are getting stimulus checks.. and the gov't was apologizing because they were delayed.

My question is, WHY are SSI recipients getting stimulus checks?? Did their income change, did they lose income??

Welfare recipients, and people that were unemployed before CORONA are screaming for THEIR checks as well, and I'm getting nuked on FACEBOOK every time I ask the question, WHY are they getting stimulus checks??

Scat

Heard yesterday that those on SSI are getting stimulus checks.. and the gov't was apologizing because they were delayed.

My question is, WHY are SSI recipients getting stimulus checks?? Did their income change, did they lose income??

Welfare recipients, and people that were unemployed before CORONA are screaming for THEIR checks as well, and I'm getting nuked on FACEBOOK every time I ask the question, WHY are they getting stimulus checks??
Same reason govt employees and contractors are...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

The purpose of the checks was to throw tons of money at the economy. The people that are getting the checks will throw that money at the economy, gladly. They don't want the money going to those that might save it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I didn't ask for it, but if they want to give me money, I'll take it. I saw it in my account this morning just like they promised. I'm gonna visit Rock Auto tonight and stimulate them with about 1/2 of it. I was counting on my tax refund for that, but C-19 and a new job helped me piss that away somehow.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We don't get a stimulus check if we are working?
Sure we do. Practically ever person who filed a 1040 in 2018 or 2019 gets the check ...and a lot of other people do too. Well..there is the income level to consider...if your adjusted gross was above a certain amount, no check for you, or maybe a reduced amount.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sure we do. Practically ever person who filed a 1040 in 2018 or 2019 gets the check ...and a lot of other people do too. Well..there is the income level to consider...if your adjusted gross was above a certain amount, no check for you, or maybe a reduced amount.
I thought so. I haven't seen mine yet.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

BOP

My question is, Did their income change, did they lose income??
:smack:

Because we're on a fixed income, dammit! Hookers and blow ain't gonna pay for themselves, sonny!

Chris0nllyn