• Lefty :: No

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Indie :: No

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

Beaver-Cleaver

Do you support President Obama/Congress's Stimulus plan?

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Okay Leftie. IF the $900,000,000,000.00 (maybe if you see it this way you'll think twice about it) would actually help:

1. people get low interest loans to refi their primary residence so they don't lose it.

2. go to small and medium businesses to help pay insurance for employees so they can afford to retain them

3. provide loans to people to start small business

4. provide training to adults to get them off welfare

5 provide real jobs to rebuild the nations infrastucture

6. provide low interest loans/grants to offset higher education costs

then maybe, just maybe, it would help.
Problem is non of the monies are earmarked for this. That's what the Republicans are fighting about. And yes Tax Cuts DO help stimulate spending. People aren't spending because they're afraid the govt is going to take more of their money away. Even more scary - this money is to be BORROWED from CHINA!!! and then , WE, the taxpayers, and our children, grandchildren and maybe great grandchildren get to work our asses off to pay it back.

Still sound good to you?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
The issue here is a 3 letter word from Joe Biden: J.O.B.S.:lmao:
If jobs could be made more secure, people would spend money. It's that simple! They do have money but they're afraid of their job not being there tomorrow so they don't spend.
Giving money to these failed companies is not the answer.

glhs837

Power with Control
If jobs could be made more secure, people would spend money. It's that simple! They do have money but they're afraid of their job not being there tomorrow so they don't spend.

What is? I'm pretty sure its not giving states a bunch of cash for social programs. Or even public works projects. I'm pretty sure the guys who are out of work in the housing industry, and related industries, are not suddenly be working on road and bridge crews. Or get jobs with the CDC, or Planned Parenthood.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
What is? I'm pretty sure its not giving states a bunch of cash for social programs. Or even public works projects. I'm pretty sure the guys who are out of work in the housing industry, and related industries, are not suddenly be working on road and bridge crews. Or get jobs with the CDC, or Planned Parenthood.
I'm not sure I understand your incorrect English (guys...are not suddenly be working...??) but what I see is that much of this started with the gas price increase. People were making ends meet before this because they obviously were spending. As prices went up, they started to cut out other "activities & expenses". Prices went much higher, people cut back more and then it snowballed. Jobs and companies started feeling the pinch.
Now, I AM NOT for any of the bailouts. Let the companies fail! This is how our capitalist system checks and clears itself. I AM NOT for the states getting cash for social programs or public works either. Give the money to the people! They need the help.
Read my statement carefully before you "kirk out" dude. The people are where the money is. If they stop spending the economy shuts down. If they feel that their jobs are secure, they'll spend and the economy will come back.
That's all I'm trying to say here.
Remember this wise saying: "500,000,000 American people lost their jobs last month". That's 200,000,000 more jobs than people living in America.
Of course (Nazi Pelosi) it means you're saying that all 500,000,000 people had jobs including the babies and the retired folks. MORON!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Okay Leftie. IF the $900,000,000,000.00 (maybe if you see it this way you'll think twice about it) would actually help:

1. people get low interest loans to refi their primary residence so they don't lose it.

2. go to small and medium businesses to help pay insurance for employees so they can afford to retain them

3. provide loans to people to start small business

4. provide training to adults to get them off welfare

5 provide real jobs to rebuild the nations infrastucture

6. provide low interest loans/grants to offset higher education costs

then maybe, just maybe, it would help.
Problem is non of the monies are earmarked for this. That's what the Republicans are fighting about. And yes Tax Cuts DO help stimulate spending. People aren't spending because they're afraid the govt is going to take more of their money away. Even more scary - this money is to be BORROWED from CHINA!!! and then , WE, the taxpayers, and our children, grandchildren and maybe great grandchildren get to work our asses off to pay it back.

Still sound good to you?

:yeahthat:

I like the way you think! This has never been about stimulating the economy, it's about stimulating the Government.

cvramen

Computer Artist
It would seem that the premise behind the stimulus is that

• The state can stimulate the economy.
  • The state should stimulate the economy.
  • The state has a purpose, and it is to improve the economy.
  • If the president/congress is a good person, he'll enact a program to stimulate the economy.

Rather than debate about whose stimulus plan is better, it would be best to understand that there are things that are highly impractical (if not impossible) for the state to do.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

:confused: uummmmm J. (1) O. (2) B. (3) S. (4) ??????? :confused:

Oh yeah, I happen to agree with you. I have money and I'd spend it but I'm afraid that my job is going to get eliminated soon so I'm holding onto the money & not spending because I'm going to need it to pay my mortgage (since I voted for the other guy & all I'm sure that Obama won't offer to pay MY mortgage, especially since we bought what we could afford!).

BlueBird

President Obama knows what's best for us so we should all trust him.

Obama says we need this stimulus plan and if we can't take his word for it than why is he the President? Obama and the Democrats know what's best for us....

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm not sure I understand your incorrect English (guys...are not suddenly be working...??) but what I see is that much of this started with the gas price increase. People were making ends meet before this because they obviously were spending. As prices went up, they started to cut out other "activities & expenses". Prices went much higher, people cut back more and then it snowballed. Jobs and companies started feeling the pinch.
Now, I AM NOT for any of the bailouts. Let the companies fail! This is how our capitalist system checks and clears itself. I AM NOT for the states getting cash for social programs or public works either. Give the money to the people! They need the help.
Read my statement carefully before you "kirk out" dude. The people are where the money is. If they stop spending the economy shuts down. If they feel that their jobs are secure, they'll spend and the economy will come back.
That's all I'm trying to say here.
Remember this wise saying: "500,000,000 American people lost their jobs last month". That's 200,000,000 more jobs than people living in America.
Of course (Nazi Pelosi) it means you're saying that all 500,000,000 people had jobs including the babies and the retired folks. MORON!

Sorry I skipped two words. I meant that the guys who are now building houses are not suddenly going to be working with road crews building bridges. Better now? And sorry if asking you what you thought was a better idea is "kirking out".

Whats funny is that we agree on most of the rest, it appears.Bailouts, bad idea. Government spending programs disguised as bailouts? Bad idea.

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
:confused: uummmmm J. (1) O. (2) B. (3) S. (4) ??????? :confused:

Oh yeah, I happen to agree with you. I have money and I'd spend it but I'm afraid that my job is going to get eliminated soon so I'm holding onto the money & not spending because I'm going to need it to pay my mortgage (since I voted for the other guy & all I'm sure that Obama won't offer to pay MY mortgage, especially since we bought what we could afford!).
Apparently you missed the Joe Biden speech where HE said this.
Sorry I skipped two words. I meant that the guys who are now building houses are not suddenly going to be working with road crews building bridges. Better now? And sorry if asking you what you thought was a better idea is "kirking out".
Whats funny is that we agree on most of the rest, it appears.Bailouts, bad idea. Government spending programs disguised as bailouts? Bad idea.
:yay:

R

RadioPatrol

Still sound good to you?

yeah buying PC's for the Dept of State, Farm offices .... will only increase Dells bottom line and put more people in China to work ... not help Americans

Pushrod

Patriot
President Obama knows what's best for us so we should all trust him.

Obama says we need this stimulus plan and if we can't take his word for it than why is he the President? Obama and the Democrats know what's best for us....

I think you left off the /sarcasm/ tag!