Stomach Issues

SoMDGirl42

You could have a stomach ulcer. When I had one i could barely eat I lost some weight too. I went to the doctors and they put me on stuff for it and haven't had a problem since as I still take meds to keep the stomach acid down etc. I went to dr.u.k.shaw(sp) he I think is the only gastro doctor in the county that I know of if you find someone else please let me know.

Dr. Anil G. Kankaria. He's in with the Shah's, but I really, really like him.

J

jp2854

I thankyou for the other name somdgirl42 as I really don't like u.k and haven't been back to him since i had my endoscopy 6yrs back my gp just gives me the script for prevacid for now til she gets mad at me and tells me to make another appointment.

ocean733

I haven't had anything to eat this morning and its hurting. Had a taco salad yesterday for lunch and boy was that a :nono:. The only thing I have had this morning is half of a 14oz coffee.

Taco salad and coffee with an upset stomach?! No wonder it's upset!:lmao:

SoMDGirl42

You could have a stomach ulcer. When I had one i could barely eat I lost some weight too. I went to the doctors and they put me on stuff for it and haven't had a problem since as I still take meds to keep the stomach acid down etc. I went to dr.u.k.shaw(sp) he I think is the only gastro doctor in the county that I know of if you find someone else please let me know.

Also, if you've been diagnosed with a stomach ulcer, you need to be tested for H plyori. H plyori is the bacteria that can cause stomach ulcers. If you are postive, a heavy dose of the right antibiotics can kill the bacteria and help with the healing of the ulcers. If it's been 6 years since your last scope, you're probably due for another. Just FYI. :howdy:

SoMDGirl42

Nope, just sent me home on pain med and nausea medication.

I suggest you f/u with an gastro. Sounds like you have something going on there and you need to find out what ASAP. Hope you feel better.

BTW, when I had my gallbladder removed, they told me for 2 years that it wasn't my gallbladder. When they finally removed it, the pain stopped.