Stonehenge Quarries Identified

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I love Stonehenge (really, really cool; especially if in person!). So I found this really, really interesting.

[The] quarries sit about 180 miles away from Stonehenge.... Mike Parker Pearson, who studies British prehistory at University College London’s Institute of Archaeology, and led the project, says that this “shows an unusual degree of connectivity and unity between different tribal groups in the west and east of southern Britain, uniting to build Stonehenge despite their geographical distance apart.” Previously, scientists flirted with the idea that the early builders may have transported the bluestones south to Milford Haven and then brought them to Stonehenge’s location by water. But now, since both quarries are located on the hills’ north side, Pearson and his team think that people probably carried them east over land instead. “It is making us think that this was part of a coordinated and unified operation that extended across southern Britain and that Stonehenge’s purpose was to unify the two cultures (east and west) of Neolithic Britain,” he says.

Link: Found: Two of the Quarries Responsible for the Megaliths of Stonehenge

P.S. I tried to find a "History" or "Science" sub-category to post this in. Did I miss it?

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I wonder why it took them so long to identify this, maybe not looking ?
Looking in the wrong area and following clues to the wrong conclusion I'm guessing. This new site may turn out not to be the "real" one, but it has more supporting evidence than previously suggested sites.

--- End of the henge line (MCP)