Stoney's Kingfishers Seafood is closing permanently tonight

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What happened?
It was only still open because a bankruptcy procedure stayed the previously scheduled auction of the property. It's been a "dead man walking" since then.

Be interesting to see who picks it up next..sure have been a few different names in that building over the years.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It was only still open because a bankruptcy procedure stayed the previously scheduled auction of the property. It's been a "dead man walking" since then.

Be interesting to see who picks it up next..sure have been a few different names in that building over the years.
Yes, it was a "dead man walking" but it seemed to be doing well. Shame it ended this way. I don't know who will pick it up but I'm sure there will be somebody.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yes, it was a "dead man walking" but it seemed to be doing well. Shame it ended this way. I don't know who will pick it up but I'm sure there will be somebody.

It's such a tough business...about the worst there is for surviving any length of time. But then again, the Broomes Island property is in the same banckruptcy apparently..so its hard to say where the most bleeding was taking place. There are other restaurants with the Stoneys name on them too, right?...I recall one in Prince Frederick at least. Maybe they over-expanded? Who knows? I can't see that Solomons location being vacant for long....

...and my brother-from-another-mother Ben needs a place to play too. :buddies:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It's such a tough business...about the worst there is for surviving any length of time. But then again, the Broomes Island property is in the same banckruptcy apparently..so its hard to say where the most bleeding was taking place. There are other restaurants with the Stoneys name on them too, right?...I recall one in Prince Frederick at least. Maybe they over-expanded? Who knows? I can't see that Solomons location being vacant for long....

Yes, Ben needs a place to play and who I found out about Stoney's Kingfishers Seafood was closing today. I knew about the Broome Island Stoney's closing and it had gone downhill for awhile.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yup..according to a close friend (and former employee) that hangs out there all the time, it's really rocking.
I was there a couple of times overs the summer and had lunch there with a girlfriend back in October.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

From my understanding the Prince Frederick Stoney's is owned by someone else who pays/paid to use the name.

Grumpy

From my understanding the Prince Frederick Stoney's is owned by someone else who pays/paid to use the name.
Yes, that was my understanding,too. Haven't been up there since covid hit. Used to drop in at lunch for a sandwich,beer and keno. Last time I went there for dinner, the food wasn't all that great. The crabcake wasn't even close to what they used to be.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I feel for you. Hairline fractures in my two lowest lumbar vertebrae in November 2007.
I don't think mine are hairline...people standing anywhere near me can hear the loud "pops" as things move around back there that are not supposed to....

Last edited: