STOP HATING EACH OTHER!!!!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
and lets all hate on the 1980 Chevette......

https://jalopnik.com/youve-got-to-admire-how-hard-this-1980-chevette-brochur-1835706227

an archaic holdover so General Motors didn’t have to yet develop a new small front-wheel drive platform.

Plus, the quality wasn’t that great, and for the most part these were sad little desperation cars.

Anyone who disgrees needs to get ready to fight me :) I drove one of these for a week back in the late 80s. Even coming out of the Maliase era, this thing was a flaming piece of crap.

Toxick

Splat
Anyone who disgrees needs to get ready to fight me :) I drove one of these for a week back in the late 80s. Even coming out of the Maliase era, this thing was a flaming piece of crap.

The year was 1986.

I had a 1980 coffee colored Chevette. It was my first car - my first love. It's where I lost my flower.

And one day - out of the blue - my friends and I ended driving around the Chesapeake Ranch Estates picking up everyone that we knew in the area, and we managed to up squeeze 14 people into it, and drove on down to Lake Lariat.

Because, reasons.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hey, I've got a soft spot for the Aires K-car, but thats doenst mean it also wanst a piece of crap. Not as big a piece as the Chevvete, but still not good.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I had a 1976.

Thing rattled so much you could barely hear the stereo i put in it.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
My step brothers girlfriend owned one in 1977. After 2-3 bong hits of black hash laced with opium, I didn't mind a bit.

John Z

if you will
I was gifted my father's 1977 Chevette when I graduated HS in 1986. That lovely thing was a 2-door 4sp manual with crank window, no A/C, and a single-speaker AM radio. I was fairly happy to get rid of it in 1991.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was gifted my father's 1977 Chevette when I graduated HS in 1986. That lovely thing was a 2-door 4sp manual with crank window, no A/C, and a single-speaker AM radio. I was fairly happy to get rid of it in 1991.

1991? That lasted a while.

I only drove mine for 2 years before I totaled it hitting a fat squirrel.

John Z

if you will
1991? That lasted a while.

I only drove mine for 2 years before I totaled it hitting a fat squirrel.

Yeah, my 5 years of ownership was mostly not driving it while I was in college. And I'm not sure Dad even bought it new. But I think it had just about 100K miles on it when I waved bye-bye from my shiny Quad4 equipped Beretta GTZ. LOL.

NextJen

Raisin cane
My first car was a brand new 1984 Pontiac 1000 - the equivalent of the Chevette. Drove it for 2 years until I could trade it in on my first Mustang (of many).