Storage Wars is a fake

This guys seems to have a big case of sour grapes. If he didn't spill the beans after he got fired, he'd still be making residuals.

Now he's got nuttin'.

No big surprise. All those reality shows are staged to some extent.

stockgirl

Stocki

American Pickers is as well. They have a crew go out and look over pick locations before they show up. They do not just pop in on people like the show portrays. They picked a Calvert County man's house last year. He's told many locals the story. He was not happy by the whole production.

Rt235

We watch the show and all dislike ( a kind word) David Hester.
it is a fun show and it is what it is; entertainment.

Another funny one and so full of stupidity is Shipping Wars!!! :killingme

It is just TV afterall!!! Glad Hester is gone!!!:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Wait. You don't suppose this mean that Jr. and Sr. worked up some (most?) of the tension, arguments and fights over the years??????? I'm not sure I could get up tomorrow dealing with the repercussions of this!!! :jameo:

They have an episode of Storage Wars where Darrell opens up the back of a old painting to find *gasp* $2,500 in BRAND NEW crisp $100 bills. It took me two commercial breaks to stop laughing.

The next reality show we *need* is one about the behind the scenes staging of a reality show.

limblips

PREMO Member
Reality isn't real? Say it ain't so! Was it "Survivorman" that they found was staying in high end hotels and eating well every night? And I suppose you think Honey Boo Boo is staged too!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
American Pickers is as well. They have a crew go out and look over pick locations before they show up. They do not just pop in on people like the show portrays. They picked a Calvert County man's house last year. He's told many locals the story. He was not happy by the whole production.

No!!! No! :cds:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We watch the show and all dislike ( a kind word) David Hester.
it is a fun show and it is what it is; entertainment.

Another funny one and so full of stupidity is Shipping Wars!!! :killingme

It is just TV afterall!!! Glad Hester is gone!!!:buddies:

Not me! Love me some "Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppp!!!!"

:lmao:

I have no idea why you would say that. This is publicity. This is the next step, for him, after the show. Looks like win/win for him to me.

Actually, I was just thinking about that, wondering if this tantrum was just another staged event to get renewed interest in the show.

glhs837

Power with Control
Reality isn't real? Say it ain't so! Was it "Survivorman" that they found was staying in high end hotels and eating well every night? And I suppose you think Honey Boo Boo is staged too!

Nope, not at all. Les Stroud, the "Survivorman", is the one who doesnt do that. Your thinking of Bear Grylls, the blowhard ex-Brit spec ops guy. Les does everything as you see it, in fact doesnt even have any production crew with him, he packs all his cameras and does it all. I imagine he does have a last ditch "come get me, aint gonna make it" fallback, but he goes and stays, no help.

Bear, on the other hand, does all sorts of stupid stuff for dramatic purposes, and as you note, was staying in hotels and staging stuff.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I like Ink Master, that's the only "reality" show I watch. I love to see how the tattoos turn out. Not sure how much is staged, but probably a lot of it.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
This guys seems to have a big case of sour grapes. If he didn't spill the beans after he got fired, he'd still be making residuals.

Now he's got nuttin'.

Jase Robertson from Duck Dynasty has said that their show is "guided reality" which means that the producers come up with an idea or put the guys in a situation and let the chips fall where they may.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Jase Robertson from Duck Dynasty has said that their show is "guided reality" which means that the producers come up with an idea or put the guys in a situation and let the chips fall where they may.

Yeah, because there are always two camoflauged limos in a town for people to use/ rent/own and drag race..

And really, that is their production facility??

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I like Ink Master, that's the only "reality" show I watch. I love to see how the tattoos turn out. Not sure how much is staged, but probably a lot of it.

I watch The Voice and Ink Master. I never understood how Dave Navarro qualifies as a judge on that show, though. :confused:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole

I just started watching this season and I love to see how the tats turn out also. I wonder how some of those guys ever made it on the show, their skills are lacking. That one cry baby woman needs to go, I forget her name.