Straight Hair

sockgirl77

My hair is naturally wavy. I have been blow drying it straight the past few mornings. By this time every day some of it begins to curl again. Usually in the back of my head. Any suggestions on how to keep it straight? Any good products out there that do not cost too much?

Mikeinsmd

My hair is naturally wavy. I have been blow drying it straight the past few mornings. By this time every day some of it begins to curl again. Usually in the back of my head. Any suggestions on how to keep it straight? Any good products out there that do not cost too much?
You should be shaving down there anyway.

snowangel8119

fearless girlie girl
i use a cream by Rusk called stra8. you can get it at CVS. then i blow dry it and use a flat iron to finish the job. the only problem is some flat irons are ok and some are BETTER. i have had three in the past. the ones at target/walmart and where ever are good. but the one i bought at trade secret for $120 is money! its called chi. never have a problem unless i run around in the rain and it gets wet.

snowangel8119

fearless girlie girl
oh yeah and i use a heat protective so not to crispify my hair anymore. haha
but my hair is curly and a frizzy mess too. why do we always want what we dont have

Cowgirl

I really like John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Straight Answer Straightening Spray. I use it when I let my hair dry naturally, and it keeps my waves defined and not so frizzy. I used to use it when I blow-dried (?) my hair, but now I use a leave-in conditioner and that works really well, too.

I have a "nappy" layer of hair at the nape of my neck....it is totally different from the rest of my hair. In the winter, it's fine. In the summer, nothing I do will keep it from getting kinky. :ohwell: I just accept it.

sockgirl77

i use a cream by Rusk called stra8. you can get it at CVS. then i blow dry it and use a flat iron to finish the job. the only problem is some flat irons are ok and some are BETTER. i have had three in the past. the ones at target/walmart and where ever are good. but the one i bought at trade secret for $120 is money! its called chi. never have a problem unless i run around in the rain and it gets wet.

I do not have the time to flat iron.

snowangel8119

fearless girlie girl
you can just run the blow dryer over it and just flat iron it wet. is your hair really long? it would take me the same amount of time to blow dry all my hair as it would to just get it a little dry and then do the flat iron

sockgirl77

you can just run the blow dryer over it and just flat iron it wet. is your hair really long? it would take me the same amount of time to blow dry all my hair as it would to just get it a little dry and then do the flat iron

To the middle of my back. I used to flat iron my hair. Took me twice the time as it does to blow dry. I did not think that you could flat iron wet hair. Wouldn't that ruin the iron?

Cowgirl

I really like John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Straight Answer Straightening Spray. I use it when I let my hair dry naturally, and it keeps my waves defined and not so frizzy. I used to use it when I blow-dried (?) my hair, but now I use a leave-in conditioner and that works really well, too.

I have a "nappy" layer of hair at the nape of my neck....it is totally different from the rest of my hair. In the winter, it's fine. In the summer, nothing I do will keep it from getting kinky. :ohwell: I just accept it.

Hmm...I just noticed they have something called Dream Curls Curl Perfecting Spray. I wonder if I should use this when I air dry. :eyebrow:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Crabcake posted about a round brush/ionic dryer combo a couple years ago. I ended up getting one when I had my hair cut shorter a few months ago, and surprisingly it works well (I'd used it years ago and ended up looking worse than when I started). The key is blowdrying your hair until it's almost dry, then starting with the brush/dryer thing. My hair doesn't end up pin straight (too thick), but it always looks good. I too used to have the issue with the hair in the back springing back into a curl by the end of the day. Now a blowout can last me a few days, if necessary.

Oh, and I use the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Simply Sleek Straightening Balm (just a smidge). Finish up by squirting a tiny bit of Redken Glass on your fingertips and run it through your hair.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
To the middle of my back. I used to flat iron my hair. Took me twice the time as it does to blow dry. I did not think that you could flat iron wet hair. Wouldn't that ruin the iron?
It would most likely ruin your hair.

snowangel8119

fearless girlie girl
well i just get it to where its sorta damp but not just out of the shower wet. it wont do anymore damage then you would do when your doin' it dry. either way your putting hot metal on your hair. ive been doin' it like this for awhile now and my hair is fine. i get it dyed too. so lord knows my hair is stressed! haha i just got my hair cut and it was almost to the middle of my back.
i have always had a problem with frizzies and my hair curling from the humidity. the only thing i found to work was a shampoo and conditioner with real silicon not dimithicone in it. which isn't good for your hair at all. it seals it and doesn't let it get air to it. then all the stuff you can buy just makes it all greasy and makes you wanna run to the shower and start all over.
i also heard about people payn' mad money to get that jap hair thing done. but don't think i need it that bad.

snowangel8119

fearless girlie girl
Crabcake posted about a round brush/<a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=ionic%20dryer" onmouseover="window.status='ionic dryer'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">ionic dryer</a> combo a couple years ago. I ended up getting one when I had my <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=hair%20cut" onmouseover="window.status='hair cut'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">hair cut</a> shorter a few months ago, and surprisingly it works well (I'd used it years ago and ended up looking worse than when I started). The key is blowdrying your hair until it's almost dry, then starting with the brush/dryer thing. My hair doesn't end up pin straight (too thick), but it always looks good. I too used to have the issue with the hair in the back springing back into a curl by the end of the day. Now a blowout can last me a few days, if necessary.
QUOTE]

those work good!!! but i can't seem to get the whole hand eye mirror cordination thing down!! haha

sockgirl77

Crabcake posted about a round brush/ionic dryer combo a couple years ago. I ended up getting one when I had my hair cut shorter a few months ago, and surprisingly it works well (I'd used it years ago and ended up looking worse than when I started). The key is blowdrying your hair until it's almost dry, then starting with the brush/dryer thing. My hair doesn't end up pin straight (too thick), but it always looks good. I too used to have the issue with the hair in the back springing back into a curl by the end of the day. Now a blowout can last me a few days, if necessary.

Oh, and I use the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Simply Sleek Straightening Balm (just a smidge). Finish up by squirting a tiny bit of Redken Glass on your fingertips and run it through your hair.

I have Glass somewhere. It is probably expired though. I'll try the John Frieda stuff. I permed my hair a few years ago and loved it but now I'm loving my new long and straight hair. I have never let it grow this long. It's a PITA!