Straight Hair

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
To the middle of my back. I used to flat iron my hair. Took me twice the time as it does to blow dry. I did not think that you could flat iron wet hair. Wouldn't that ruin the iron?

Nope, there is one by Remmington its called wet to straight. It has steam vents in it. Its actually good for your hair and works great. They have it at target for like $25.

mrweb

Iron City
i use a cream by Rusk called stra8. you can get it at CVS. then i blow dry it and use a flat iron to finish the job. the only problem is some flat irons are ok and some are BETTER. i have had three in the past. the ones at target/walmart and where ever are good. but the one i bought at trade secret for $120 is money! its called chi. never have a problem unless i run around in the rain and it gets wet.

Being a good dad and tired of hearing my 16 y.o. complain that her hair won't stay straight, and concerned she was going to ruin it. I took her to Hair Port in Solomons where I go, got her a good cut, treatment, professional straightening gunk, and a professional iron. She had been using the CVS/Target irons but says she just loves the one from Hair Port. Something about the material they use on the iron is different on the pro models along with the gunk.

lovinmaryland

My hair is naturally wavy. I have been blow drying it straight the past few mornings. By this time every day some of it begins to curl again. Usually in the back of my head. Any suggestions on how to keep it straight? Any good products out there that do not cost too much?

I use the Fekkai line Fekkai & Company (shampoo, conditioner, etc) it works excellent. It does seem a little pricey but they last forever so I only have to buy them maybe 3 times a year. I also use a flat iron. I normally am heating the iron while I am blow drying and then just run the iron through a few times to keep the frizz away and ensure it stays straight :yay:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
My daughter is just getting to the age where she's fussing with different hairstyles in the morning. She can't believe how much time, money, and effort people spend to get hair like the stick straight stuff that grows out of her head.

snowangel8119

fearless girlie girl
Crabcake posted about a round brush few months ago, and surprisingly it works well (I'd used it years ago and ended up looking worse than when I started). The key is blowdrying your hair until it's almost dry, then starting with the brush/dryer thing. My hair doesn't end up pin straight (too thick), but it always looks good. I too used to have the issue with the hair in the back springing back into a curl by the end of the day. Now a blowout can last me a few days, if necessary.
QUOTE]

those work good!!! but i can't seem to get the whole hand eye mirror cordination thing down!! haha

snowangel8119

fearless girlie girl
Being a good dad and tired of hearing my 16 y.o. complain that her hair won't stay straight, and concerned she was going to ruin it. I took her to Hair Port in Solomons where I go, got her a good cut, treatment, professional straightening gunk, and a professional iron. She had been using the CVS/Target irons but says she just loves the one from Hair Port. Something about the material they use on the iron is different on the pro models along with the gunk.

she's right they do use different material. it was worth the hard earned money spent. plus the one i got from target would grab my hair!!!! really hurt. i left that one at my moms house for her to use :razz: but it works good for her. her hair is straight to begin with. stupid fathers curly hair genes

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have Glass somewhere. It is probably expired though. I'll try the John Frieda stuff. I permed my hair a few years ago and loved it but now I'm loving my new long and straight hair. I have never let it grow this long. It's a PITA!
I just checked, it's actually Runway Straight Smoothing Milk. No idea where I got the other name. :lol:

If you don't have time to flat iron, unfortunately you're pretty much going to be stuck with some frizz or wave. My hair's naturally really curly and I've tried it all. It used to take me just over an hour to straighten my hair but I'm down to about 20 minutes now, so it does get easier. Just make sure you straighten it in sections. I hate seeing people with curly hair that you can tell they've 'tried' to straighten. If you're going to straighten it (with a flat iron that is), don't be lazy...just do it. As for products, I think the Herbal Essence dangerously straight line is good OR Redken gloss drops after you blow dry.

All else fails, try Curls Rock by Catwalk and go with the curl. I'm sure it looks great!!

Good Luck :howdy:

W

WhoCares

I have the opposite problem. My hair is straight, and it won't hold a curl for anything.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My hair is naturally wavy. I have been blow drying it straight the past few mornings. By this time every day some of it begins to curl again. Usually in the back of my head. Any suggestions on how to keep it straight? Any good products out there that do not cost too much?

I don't use any products and my hair stays straight during the day.

My thought would be that if you are getting the curl in the back of your head, it might be because the length is getting tucked between your neck. You think?

sockgirl77

I don't use any products and my hair stays straight during the day.

My thought would be that if you are getting the curl in the back of your head, it might be because the length is getting tucked between your neck. You think?

No. I sit straight up most of the day because of my back hurting. I'm currently sitting indian style. :lol:

I'm thinking that I'm going to try one of those flat irons that dries and Nickel's product suggestion.

D

dems4me

No. I sit straight up most of the day because of my back hurting. I'm currently sitting indian style. :lol:

I'm thinking that I'm going to try one of those flat irons that dries and Nickel's product suggestion.

I have naturally curly hair and I have to blow dry it to get it straight everyday. That seems to work for me. The only time it doesn't work is if 1) it was dried 100% dry or 2) It gets wet from rain or humidity or something :shrug: You could try brushing it straight while blow drying it too and see if that helps? :shrug:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I have the opposite problem. My hair is straight, and it won't hold a curl for anything.

I'm right there with you! My hair is so baby fine and soft if I want it curled I have to beat it into submission and shellac it in place to keep it there! I'd love to have some natural waves!