Stranger Danger

Misfit

Lawful neutral
The Rise of Minimalist Sex Apps -- Daily Intelligencer

In January of last year, Roman Sidorenko and Alexander Kukhtenko had an idea to break their sexual dry spells the way they solved many of their other problems: with an app.

"We wanted an easy way to find sex, basically," says Sidorenko. But the two friends (who describe themselves as "pomosexuals") were too impatient to use the available dating apps on the market, all of which required them to spend hours flirting with potential flings via chat or text message before getting a date and, possibly, sealing the deal. They knew there were horny people around them looking for sex — and nothing more — but had no way of figuring out where, and who, they were.

"We thought it would be cool to use an approach like Uber," Sidorenko says. "Where you basically create the request, and you get a car pretty soon. We thought it would be cool to have something like that to find a sex buddy."

From that brainstorm came Pure, a new app that brings the on-demand convenience of Uber or Seamless to the bedroom. On Pure, users designate their gender and the gender(s) of the people they'd like to sleep with, specify whether they are able to host or not, and are shown any other willing users in the surrounding area, each with an "Okay" or "No Way" prompt. When two users are mutually attracted, they're given each others' coordinates to meet up. There are no profiles, no lengthy chat sessions, and all unfulfilled requests vanish after an hour. Confidential user feedback keeps creeps at bay, and people who repeatedly no-show are banned.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Right, so you click on Bradley Cooper, summon him for a roll, and John C. Reilly shows up. Just like Match.com, only it's not just dinner or a drink - you actually have committed to having sex with this person.

Or, even better, you click on Ted Bundy and....Ted Bundy shows up.

Great idea and I'm sure this app will make billion$.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's rather disturbing trying to visualize the type of person who is interested not just in meaningless sex with someone they, say, met at a bar or otherwise vaguely know but, sex with an absolute, total stranger who is probably on their way to, or from, a 'coordinate' date with another like minded person.

Their psyche. Their other behaviors. The ultimate in meaningless. Void.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's rather disturbing trying to visualize the type of person who is interested not just in meaningless sex with someone they, say, met at a bar or otherwise vaguely know but, sex with an absolute, total stranger who is probably on their way to, or from, a 'coordinate' date with another like minded person.

Perhaps. But did you ever stop and wonder if any of the dollar bills in your wallet right now had once been between some stripper's butt cheeks.

It's a disturbing world out there and no way to escape. :coffee:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Perhaps. But did you ever stop and wonder if any of the dollar bills in your wallet right now had once been between some stripper's butt cheeks.

Is that why my wallet smelled funny? :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Which is why they do it: the void.

It's a trend with our young people, this hooking up business, because they're finding it harder and harder to create a meaningful life and value themselves. Some folks our age have the same problem, which is more fascinating to me than some angsty ennui-filled hormone factory sulking about.

We as a society have filled them with emotional junk food since the day they were born. We cannot be surprised that they are now unhealthy.

And this is my last serious post of the day.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

As I work in a biology world, the nature of germs doesn't bother me. I see everything as in competition to survive be it me or the sweat residue from between Bertha's butt cheeks. That all, however inelegant, makes sense to me.

I've always been one attracted to meaning. I've never understood attraction to meaningless.