Stupid woman on the 830 applying fingernail polish!!!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Where I'm from,

People get a sever beating for that type of #### "Hell on Wheels" style.......
They also burn down liquor stores and loot CVS stores when they throw a temper tantrum.

snickers.jpg

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
But don't you feel that others have the right to ride on a bus without hearing expletives being thrown around loudly. I would have found that much more annoying than the fingernail polish. As for your argument of helping to create a polite society, what would have happened if someone took exception to his actions and jumped up screaming like a lunatic, then someone else took exception to their actions and so on and so forth. She was applying nail polish with no regard for anyone else just like he flew off the handle with no regard for anyone else. He may think he is speaking for everyone but if I were on the bus I would not want him representing me.
It's just my opinion based upon current information and life experiences. I understand that there are many variables. Many aggressive actions are taken by sizing up the offender and the offense. This woman might have been that really crazy one that even with a very quite whisper and polite "would you mind ..." would have set off a maelstrom. One never knows. The others on the bus might have been silently seething and throwing evil eyes towards her way when he spoke up and validated their own thoughts on the subject. We'll never know. Letting offensive behavior continue without correction--however perceived, only furthers that behavior to the detriment of society. Witness current political and social events.

PeoplesElbow

Ever think that someone on the bus may have had sensitive ears, ear infection and someone being a loud douche bag was harmful to them?

black dog

Free America
a victim in search of a "crime"....I am starting to see a pattern here....

Yep.. He seems to have problems at home and on the way to work for an meeting. Maybe that's why he works from home alot.
If I had all those health and breathing issues I would drive myself to work.

sasquatch

So i'm heading into DC on the 830 this morning. Probably 10 mins before my stop I smell this strong turpentine smell. I look around and there is this stupid young bitch doing her fingernails in black with her headphones on. I shake my head and face forward. Another woman further back in the bus started smelling it and was voicing out "she shouldn't be doing that" etc... By that time the smell began to spread. Another woman/man starting to complain.

I turned around and the dialog was like this:

Me: Hey
Me: Hey, Some people have asthma on this bus.
Woman: (take headphones out) I'm sorry (the look on her face is almost like I'm asking if she wants her daily ####ing foot massage, by this time I'm irritated).
Me: SOME PEOPLE HAVE ASTHMA ON THIS BUS!!!!! (Yelled so loud the bus driver actually let off the gas a bit).
Woman: I'm sorry (small tiny voice).
Me: ####ING #######!!!!! (bus went quiet, another guy looked at me and kind of snickered)
Me: #### YOU'RE SORRY (by this time the bus driver was trying to figure out if he was driving a city bus off branch ave or if he was on a bus coming from Dunkirk, MD)

LOL

The plain and simple truth is that your actions were not warranted by the actions of this young woman. Simply you acted like a thug. You didn't teach the young woman anything as you so blithely declare. It is your self righteous ego that deludes you into thinking that you did. I ride the 840 bus which like 830 was the 902 route (including Dunkirk). If I were on the bus, I would have told you not to speak to that young woman that way. Frankly, people on the bus attempt to be cordial and professional regardless of race, gender, and occupation. Your remark about the people in Dunkirk being "a bunch of well behaved white people" is divisive, racist, and quite incorrect. When the last 902 ran 2 months ago, Dunkirk was a broad spectrum of races. I doubt the demographic has changed significantly in 2 months. A simple polite discussion with the woman pointing out the issue would be all that was needed. I have found a lot of success in curbing more annoying behavior by being courteous versus acting like a jerk. Its interesting that you didn't reveal that you personally had asthma until page 6. Had you mentioned that to this young woman, you may have even gotten a heartfelt apology. No doubt she was doing something stupid. You chose to make a bad situation worse. If she refused or did this on another ride, talk to the driver. I'm sure that he may consider whether or not to allow you on the bus the next time you cross paths.

You revealed quite a bit about yourself through your posts on this thread and the other thread that you have going. You revealed that you are prone to fits of self deluding temper tantrums. You do not have a courteous or professional bone in your body. You don't know how to convey a story in a meaningful way. You don't have the first clue in how to approach people. You are not to loyal to your employer since you spent the day posting on this forum. You were however right about one thing. You reap what you sow. I have to wonder whether the issue described in the other thread that you posted wasn't some harvesting of some of your other sowing. So tell me, how's the harvest? You have a lot of negativity coming your way…seemingly because you sowed those seed so carefully.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
...and you wonder why women in DC are:

[URL="http://forums.somd.com/threads/302023-DC-woman-look-like-a-bunch-of-stuck-up-snobs!!!?p=5556903&viewfull=1#post5556903]"5. Completely unapproachable."[/URL]

:lol:

BernieP

Resident PIA
...and you wonder why women in DC are:

[URL="http://forums.somd.com/threads/302023-DC-woman-look-like-a-bunch-of-stuck-up-snobs!!!?p=5556903&viewfull=1#post5556903]"5. Completely unapproachable."[/URL]

:lol:

One night I was walling down M street and a woman approached me....

slappy

If I may ...

I believe he expressed some deserved righteous contemptuous indignation towards an ignorant untrained young woman who didn't have the upbringing to apply her fingernail polish the night prior, or the morning of, her work day before getting on that bus. Somehow, it seems, that many people feel it is their right to intrude, and encroach upon, others space, whatever that encroachment entails, and in this case, air space. What he also did in that moment, was to put others on notice, in case they ever wanted to try the same thing, that certain behaviors on a packed bus, and with no escape, will not be tolerated. Many times, his is the reaction needed in this, "better be quite and keep to myself and don't make a scene" society we have become. Aggressiveness, such as his, in that moment, does help to create, and maintain, a polite society. Also, you have to give him credit. He didn't use any qualifiers as to the woman's race or ethnicity.
Next thing you know, people are going to have to keep smoke from a barbeque grill in their own yard.

bilbur

If I may ...It's just my opinion based upon current information and life experiences. I understand that there are many variables. Many aggressive actions are taken by sizing up the offender and the offense. This woman might have been that really crazy one that even with a very quite whisper and polite "would you mind ..." would have set off a maelstrom. One never knows. The others on the bus might have been silently seething and throwing evil eyes towards her way when he spoke up and validated their own thoughts on the subject. We'll never know. Letting offensive behavior continue without correction--however perceived, only furthers that behavior to the detriment of society. Witness current political and social events.

I do see what you are saying but I don't understand why people feel their bad behavior is any better than someone else's bad behavior. Just my opinion but this woman absolutely needed to learn a lesson but the OP also needs to learn from this and take a different approach next time when dealing with rude people. Maybe it would have escalated to the point of shouting but we will never know because the OP started by shouting and never gave a polite suggestion a try. To me, once he started yelling obscenities I would be more nervous and on edge with the way things are today. You don't know who is a mental case and who is going to pull a gun or knife. Starting out confrontational will make people automatically defensive even if they are in the wrong and could cause some people to continue the bad activity just to spite the confrontational one.