Successful Capture!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I mean I wouldn't call it. Unfortunate that it tipped over it had no choice.
Unfortunate in the respect that it's always nice to be able to do a post-flight analysis. There's always something to learn. In this case, they may not even try to recover what fell overboard.

glhs837

Power with Control
Unfortunate in the respect that it's always nice to be able to do a post-flight analysis. There's always something to learn. In this case, they may not even try to recover what fell overboard.

You do know it didn't land on anything solid, right? It simply hit zero vertical speed right at zero altitude then settled into the water.

And yes, there is stuff to learn, but in this case, this thing is loaded to gills with instrumentation measuring anything they can think of. Our structural test aircraft is as well. All laid in as they built the airframe on a fiber backbone. But in this case, unlike us, who had to store all the data onboard, SpaceX can and did stream ALL of the data back home via Starlink. Since there was no place to land it, given it lacks landing legs, into the drink it goes.

If I'm right, they dropped it right in the Crozet Basin, I wouldn't be surprised if they hit the part that's 5,000 meters deep.

glhs837

Power with Control
Actually, no. I thought it was on a platform and fell over. Had to look at the vid again.
Yep, just open ocean. While it would fit on the drone landing barge, it would be a pretty tight fit, pretty sure taking one of those to the IO would take a looonnnggg time.

Tech

He reversed that bad boy right in there and some of you can't get it between the lines at the trash convenience centers.

glhs837

Power with Control
He reversed that bad boy right in there and some of you can't get it between the lines at the trash convenience centers.
Parking Reverse GIF

glhs837

Power with Control
New view down the side of the booster directly at the lift pin through it making contact with the catch rail on the tower. Amazing stuff. And only two of those support the +200 ton weight of the booster....