Succubus

SamSpade

with his talent ... I never thought much of her on Suits

Donna was much better
It always struck me odd that the ONE actor who seemed to "phone it in" was Gina Torres - the one actress whom I've seen just about everything she's ever done. Donna was awesome, but like most of the cast - I've barely seen them in anything since.

Suits WAS our favorite show, though - the only one my wife and I couldn't wait for the new season to arrive.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It always struck me odd that the ONE actor who seemed to "phone it in" was Gina Torres -
I knew that name sounded familiar but couldn't place it without a lookup.

She was great in Firefly and the short-lived Cleopatra 2525.

SamSpade

I knew that name sounded familiar but couldn't place it without a lookup.

She was great in Firefly and the short-lived Cleopatra 2525.
The weird thing about "Cleopatra" was that Gina was the actual star, even though the titular star really wasn't the focus of the stories.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The Queen should have allowed him to stay in the Army. The guys he served with said he seemed truly happy there. Screw his Royal duties.

Kinnakeet

ENzAHHvU0AICMIo
Oh God no please stay in merry ole England we have no room for your kind

SamSpade

She has a much better role in Firefly
And I loved her in Firefly. I liked her in "Angel".
Even her episode appearance in "Castle" (I loved that Castle made FREQUENT Firefly references, including guest shots by Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite and Summer Glau)
But she's had her crap moments too - her own series Pearson was awful.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘There Was No Bra Station’

“’There was no bra station! There was no bra station,” Kara insisted.

Markle had stated on her “Archetypes” podcast, “There were different stations for having your lashes put on, or your extensions put in, or the padding in your bra.”

Markle claimed she had been “objectified” on the show, declaring, “I was surrounded by smart women on that stage with me, but that wasn’t the focus of why we were there. And I would end up leaving with this pit in my stomach knowing that I was so much more than what was being objectified on the stage.”

Asked whether she had felt “objectified” on the show, Kara, who returned to the show in 2018 for its reboot, answered, “Not at all. It’s unfortunate that she felt that way because in my experience I never ever felt that way.”

Prior to Kara’s comments, fellow former “briefcase girl” Claudia Jordan also criticized Markle, saying on Instagram, “For clarity — yes getting a modeling gig on a game show isn’t necessarily about your intellect but every show the executive producers picked five models with the most outgoing and fun personalities to place mics on who they knew would engage with the contestants.”

“And ‘Deal or No Deal’ never treated us like bimbos,” she added. “We got so many opportunities because of that show.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Angry Black Woman’: Meghan Markle Says She’s Afraid To Speak Her Mind

Meghan Markle said she’s afraid to speak her mind or be clear about what she needs for fear of sounding “demanding” and being perceived as an “angry black woman.”

During Spotify’s “Archetypes” podcast on Tuesday, the host Markle spoke with actress Issa Rae and comedian/actress Ziwe Fumudoh about her reluctance to be more assertive. The episode is titled “Upending the ‘Angry Black Woman’ Myth.”

Markle is biracial. Her father is white, and her mother is black.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Meghan Markle Says She Doesn’t Understand Why Women Are ‘Vilified’ For Exploring Their Sexuality

“One of the things that I think as all women, we face, as you’re getting older, you’re exploring and starting to understand your sensuality, your feminine divine,” the Duchess of Sussex shared. “Your sexuality, oftentimes, it can be very much used against you.”

“A man, if he is a player, out having fun or whatever he’s doing, it’s often celebrated, even heralded,” she added. “But for a woman, I don’t care if she is perhaps the most successful woman in finance in her mid-50s, I promise you, someone will still go, ‘But she was such a slut in college.’ It will stick with her.”

“And I don’t understand what it is about the stigma surrounding women and their sexuality, the exploration of their sexuality that is so much more vilified than for a man…,”Markle continued.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
“And I don’t understand what it is about the stigma surrounding women and their sexuality, the exploration of their sexuality that is so much more vilified than for a man…,”Markle continued.
Think she's talking about herself, and not all of womankind?

Such an wonderful example of the British Royals. They talk about this stuff all of the time.......