Suggestions on a dash cam

Freefaller

I am strongly considering buying a dash cam for my personal vehicle. Does anyone own one they would suggest I buy. What are the ins and outs that I should be aware of. Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Grumpy

I am strongly considering buying a dash cam for my personal vehicle. Does anyone own one they would suggest I buy. What are the ins and outs that I should be aware of. Any help or suggestions are welcome!
I picked one up on a whim at Walmart about a year ago..$20.00, Forward facing only but video and pics are a whole lot better than most security cams that stores have. Will be watching for the suggestions you receive if I upgrade the cam. Considering replacing my radio/cd player in one of my cars with a double din complete system with sat. radio, blue tooth, backup and forward cams,etc.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have one that we use especially when we travel.. $80 on Amazon, a "Z3".

Looking at upgrading and thinking a Go Pro for quality and amount of video it can hold. Go Pros can loop.. and with a good sized SD card can save 12 hours before it starts to overwrite.

Also with the battery can record while parked in say a Wal Mart or a rest area.

Thirdly, take it out of the car and use it as a gopro!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Have not bought yet, but after a criminal scum crashed into the daughter a month or so back, and we realized that if it were not for the fact that there were 10-15 witnesses, it might have looked like she was at fault,well, that and the scum fled the scene leaving stolen chain saws in the trunk of the stolen car. In any case, I set me specs and this is where it fell out. Recording while parked, wireless download of the footage so I dont have to screw with swapping SD cards around. standalone rear camera.

Amazon product

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I really like the Garmin series of dash cams, but they can be pricey ($200+ for their newest). I've also had good luck with the Apeman offerings (about $45-50).

Both on Amazon.

--- End of line (MCP)