Summer Drinks

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My GGfather had an orchard in San Jose. They were sooooo good! I once bought them here and was greatly disappointed. 😐
Same for a lot of things I grew up with. Like a variety of yellow/white corn that was soo sweet, if you didn't get to the farm stand by 10am it was gone. Local peaches. I grew up surrounded by farms with the best of everything. And I got spoiled on fresh seafood because I used to get my own and prepare it within hours. Crab, muscles, clams, lobster in a seaweed beach fire pit. And tomatoes. Haven't had one that tasted like anything in so long, everything you get today has all the flavor bred out.

*sigh*

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Same for a lot of things I grew up with. Like a variety of yellow/white corn that was soo sweet, if you didn't get to the farm stand by 10am it was gone. Local peaches. I grew up surrounded by farms with the best of everything. And I got spoiled on fresh seafood because I used to get my own and prepare it within hours. Crab, muscles, clams, lobster in a seaweed beach fire pit. And tomatoes. Haven't had one that tasted like anything in so long, everything you get today has all the flavor bred out.

*sigh*
Same as in the bay. I do get my corn locally. He's 5 minutes away and he lets me know when he's picking. I pick it up within the hour and ready it for eating or freezing.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The thread raised a very fond memory. My great grandfather Miguel D'Orazio had a great deal of pride in his peaches.
He had several trees in his yard in the city of Springfield, MA. Miguel worked for the Boston and Albany Railroad.
He and great gramma were functionally illiterate, both in Italian and English.
We would visit them every Sunday.

He grew old fashioned, very fuzzy peaches. I did not like the fuzz.
When they were in season. he would have 2, peeled, on a little white plate in the Norge for me.

I am very fortunate, have memories of 5 of my great grandparents.

Miguel and Lucia were married 63 years. They passed away in their sleep the same night.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Trossbach's still has peaches but not a good quality - hard, not very ripe. Because of the late frost we had in the spring, they only have about 25% of a normal peach crop and they have been hit or miss with the taste/quality. I got some but it will probably take a week for them to ripen.
Thanks for the recon.

If anyone in their travels sees good peaches in quantity, please let me know.