Sun Bumps

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pandora said:
They have a new sun block coming out that is going to put the others to shame. Sun block has to be reapplied constantly and this new stuff will be more effective with less applications.
What's it called and where will I be able to find it?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
You know, the mother of his children.

I thought that was the ex-wife. I have two fathers of my children and am married to neither. You got 6 baby daddy and you're none of their wives. :razz:

rack'm

Jaded
Pandora said:
:huggy:

Right now, everyone is baking in the sun thinking it will not happen to them. Well, it does happen and you really do have to watch that sun. I've learned.

Yep, at the age of 33, this will be the 4th time she's had cancer cut off of her.

D

dems4me

pixiegirl said:

That's not it :lol: It wasn't there, I went out on the water this weekend, got burnt, went fishing again Monday for a few hours, and got another burn on top of the other burn. Now I have bumps so I was wondering if it was in direct correlation to the sun exposure or maybe it was the water in the patuxent or something else - just trying to narrow it down. I'll as the pharmacist on the way home from work. I'm sure its temporary. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
dems4me said:
That's not it :lol: It wasn't there, I went out on the water this weekend, got burnt, went fishing again Monday for a few hours, and got another burn on top of the other burn. Now I have bumps so I was wondering if it was in direct correlation to the sun exposure or maybe it was the water in the patuxent or something else - just trying to narrow it down. I'll as the pharmacist on the way home from work. I'm sure its temporary. :lol:
It was the sun, Dems and the pharmacist isn't going to be able to diagnose you. Start wearing sunscreen please.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
How many times did Dems get burned last year and proceeded to start threads about it? She won't listen, never does.
I don't know, I eventually started ignoring her. I think I'll start doing that again. :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
I don't know, I eventually started ignoring her. I think I'll start doing that again. :lmao:
"'cause I'd find you..."

:weddingcrashers:

And I'll have you know...I was out in the sun ALL weekend and didn't get one bit of red/burn...:diva: Sunblock was my friend! :banana:

Mikeinsmd

dems4me said:
I would speculate that you have sun poison. I did the same thing last year. Went out the following weekend after a bad burn & the bumps appeared. Stay out of the sun, apply aloe and they will go away.

There are two reactions that commonly are referred to as "sun poisoning".

The first is called Polymorphous Light Eruption. Women are more likely to get this than men. It occurs in susceptible individuals when they are exposed to sunlight that is more intense than usual, for example as in the first time you go out in the sun during the summer or when you expose a body part to sunlight that has no prior sunlight exposure. It may also occur if you travel to a higher latitude or lower latitude such as to a country closer to the equator where the sunlight has more strength. Normally the resulting skin-rash reaction heals within 7-10 days with no treatment as long as additional sun exposure is avoided. In the future using sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB rays is mandatory. (Sunlight is made up of UVA and UVB rays). Make sure the sunscreen protects against both UVB and UVA since these protective agents are more effective in preventing these breakouts.

The second is called Solar Urticaria. It is a rare reaction to sun exposure. This is a true sun allergy. It develops rapidly--moments after exposure, the skin begins to itch, and then becomes red. Wheals or vesicles appear. The actual mechanism that causes this reaction is unknown, however, antihistamines are effective in treating the reactions of some patients.

rack'm

Jaded
Sunburn Remedies

Mild sunburn can cause redness, pain, and slight swelling for about three to seven days. Skin may peel and be itchy.

Here are some home remedies that may provide relief from a mild sunburn.

1) Hydrotherapy
Brief baths, showers, and towel compresses can help to keep the sunburn cool and hydrated. The temperature of the water should be cool to lukewarm. Water that is too hot can strip skin's natural oils.

For a mild sunburn, try taking a cool bath or shower. Or place wet, cool towels on the affected areas for 10 to 15 minutes, several times a day.

2) Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe is a plant native to Africa. The long green leaves contain aloe gel. Aloe gel is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects and is used topically to soothe burned skin and to help heal wounds.
Sponsored Links

Heal with Aloe VeraLearn about the miraculous healing power of this Aloe based molecule.www.digestinol.com

Sunburn ReliefSunburn relief Online. Shop Target.comwww.Target.com

Blood Pressure Herbs3 natural choices: Chinese root & herb & 2 herb blends. Free Shippingwww.Geromatrix.com

Pure aloe vera gel can be found in many drug stores and health food stores. The fresher the gel, the more effective it is believed to be. You can even use a real aloe plant--cut off a spear, split it open, and rub the clear gel from the inside of the leaf on the sunburn. Avoid the sticky yellow latex. Aloe gel should not be used for severe burns or wounds.

Studies have not always confirmed the effects of aloe vera gel. A small Thai study examined the effectiveness of aloe vera cream for preventing and treating sunburn and suntan. Aloe vera cream was applied to skin 20 minutes before, immediately after or before and after UV exposure. The aloe vera was applied to test sites twice daily for three weeks. The results showed that aloe vera had no sunburn or suntan protection and no efficacy in sunburn treatment compared with placebo.

3) Topical Vinegar
Plain white vinegar is a popular sunburn remedy. Many people who try it say it helps to relieve pain when applied to the skin.

Vinegar can be applied as a compress. Soak clean towels in a half water, half vinegar solution. Wring the towels and apply on the affected areas, avoiding contact with broken skin and the eye area.

Another option is to fill a clean spray bottle with the half vinegar, half water solution and spritz it onto skin.

4) Stay Hydrated
It is important to drink plenty of fluids, because we lose more water when we're out in the heat and the sun. Dehydration can cause headaches and fatigue.

See a doctor immediately if there are signs of shock or heat exhaustion, such as:

* dizziness
* rapid pulse
* rapid breathing
* nausea, fever, or chills
* severe skin blisters
* extreme thirst, diminished/no urine output

D

dems4me

Pandora said:
:yahoo: Thanks :love:

Dems,

Get your ass some. :yay:

If you start a thread saying you have skin cancer, none of us are going to respond. :noseinair: :roflmao:

See :biggrin: If I hadn't started this thread, then folks would not have found out about Rack'ms wife, or the new latest and greatest sunscreen on the market, or itchy eczema welts :biggrin: :diva:

Pandora

dems4me said:
See :biggrin: If I hadn't started this thread, then folks would not have found out about Rack'ms wife, or the new latest and greatest sunscreen on the market, or itchy eczema welts :biggrin: :diva:

Very true! :lol: