Sunset Cove Waterfront Restuarant

black dog

Free America
Few people that are not "from here" realize that the 7D and 2D/9D grapevines make the internets look just lame..weak..a laughingstock. Heck, people 'round here know what I'm going to do, long before I've even done it! I can't understand why the DoD has not taken more interest in this uniquely capable communications system.

Vhf still popular I see....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Haven't been in awhile but my memory is that it was fine and the little patio out back is lovely.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yes...it's not the best but they try hard. 1D is a hard place to go out and eat. We have Sunset, Courtney's and a New Mexican place where Charlie's used to be...

Was just there last night. It was pretty good. Not a Fitzies or Clarkes Landing, but as you note, a lot easier to get to if you live down this way.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Was just there last night. It was pretty good. Not a Fitzies or Clarkes Landing, but as you note, a lot easier to get to if you live down this way.

Might have to give them a try. Only 5 miles by boat from our dock...all of a 15 minute ride.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It was some cousin of mine that landed in Dunkirk area in 1658 came over and got some 7D gal pregnant..and there ya go. Same ole story....over and over again. ;-p

One of my ancestors was part of the resupply cargo for the Plymouth Colony in 1622. He was a 10 year old apprentice weaver.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
One of my ancestors was part of the resupply cargo for the Plymouth Colony in 1622. He was a 10 year old apprentice weaver.

It's always fun to know one's history that far back. By 1658, when my ancestor on that side arrived, there had already been quite a few shiploads that had arrived in MD, starting in 1634, of course.

Wish we still had the property that was granted. It was a swath some miles across, north to south, that extended from Patuxent to Chesapeake and included what is now Dunkirk. Worth a few bucks, I reckon...

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control

He most likely knew my ancestor then, who arrived a couple years earlier. He was supposed to back with the Mayflower but decided to stay :)

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
He most likely knew my ancestor then, who arrived a couple years earlier. He was supposed to back with the Mayflower but decided to stay :)

Must have had a lot of stamina to survive those first few years.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We hit Dennis Point Marina's Riverside Pub on Father's Day and it wasn't too bad, but nothing to write home about. The beer was cold and they DBB on tap.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We hit Dennis Point Marina's Riverside Pub on Father's Day and it wasn't too bad, but nothing to write home about. The beer was cold and they DBB on tap.

I have not been back there since Rick ran it. We locals (especially those of us who knew him all his life) gave him everything we had...and he still blew it.

It's such a nice spot..but then again..aren't they all?

Over the last 40 years I've gone there ....it's been ok..and not ok. A familiar theme.

I meant all of them, not just Dennis Point. Some landscaping, etc... would go a long way.

Schiebles is a perfect example. That could be an outstanding location with a little TLC.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I meant all of them, not just Dennis Point. Some landscaping, etc... would go a long way.

Schiebles is a perfect example. That could be an outstanding location with a little TLC.

I invested about a half million of my personal money trying to make a local waterfront operation work. I failed. It's no where as easy as people think it should be.....

I invested about a half million of my personal money trying to make a local waterfront operation work. I failed. It's no where as easy as people think it should be.....

I could make some comments and insinuations, but I'll quit while we're ahead...

:biggrin:

j/k Yeah, never said it was easy. Sorry yours didn't work out.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And I really think they could have a gold mine if they took advantage of the locations. So much potential unused.

Like Clarke's Landing. It totally sucks now. It was on my roster for years, until Stoney's took it over. It's a shame, because I live so close to it and it is a beautiful spot.