Sunset in Key West

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Check prices flying into Ft. Lauderdale (which is across the street from Miami) and also Key West airport. We rented a convertible to drive from MIA to Key West. It's a nice 3-hour drive.

We did that too, at night and had cops on our @ss the entire way. :mad:

Did you go to Pepe's for breakfast? :yum:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
We did that too, at night and had cops on our @ss the entire way. :mad:

Did you go to Pepe's for breakfast? :yum:

Cops were practically non-existant last week. Even in Key West.

Pepe's? Nope, never heard of it. I had a yummy drink here though several times. :lol:

Attachments

• fat tuesday.JPG
    fat tuesday.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 90

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Cops were practically non-existant last week. Even in Key West.

Pepe's? Nope, never heard of it. I had a yummy drink here though several times. :lol:

:buddies:

Pepe's is a scary looking place on the outside :lol:, but it's got a great old court yard. Awesome breakfast! It's off of Caroline.

Attachments

• pepe's.jpg
    pepe's.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 77

Pete

Repete
I spent 3 months in Key West back in 1989. I think I am the only person ever to get kicked out of Ricks. :lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Check prices flying into Ft. Lauderdale (which is across the street from Miami) and also Key West airport. We rented a convertible to drive from MIA to Key West. It's a nice 3-hour drive.

BWI flying either Air Tran or Southwest into Ft Lauderdale direct is usually a very cheap ticket! Ft Lauderdale is a little further north than MIA but it's directly off of I-95 and not much further of a drive unless you are a goof and hit rush hour...but even then, getting from MIA to I-95 can be an even suckier drive in rush hour. Also the airport is MUCH more tolerable...fewer people when coming/going, easier to check in, etc.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
BWI flying either Air Tran or Southwest into Ft Lauderdale direct is usually a very cheap ticket! Ft Lauderdale is a little further north than MIA but it's directly off of I-95 and not much further of a drive unless you are a goof and hit rush hour...but even then, getting from MIA to I-95 can be an even suckier drive in rush hour. Also the airport is MUCH more tolerable...fewer people when coming/going, easier to check in, etc.

MIA was a ghost town. We didn't fly economy so everything went smooth for us. :biggrin:

Beta84

They're out to get us
MIA was a ghost town. We didn't fly economy so everything went smooth for us. :biggrin:

hmm maybe everyone has figured out that airport is a POS and is swapping over to FTL. I know it's the only one down there for international flights, but it seemed to be the American Airlines hub, among others. I hated flying through there and the location is HORRIBLE. It's basically between 3 of the nastiest roads ever for traffic. Basically the beltway on crack during rush hour. Once it took me an hour for leaving the airport to get to a point on the 836 where...I could still see the airport! :jameo:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Just got back from Key West a couple weeks ago, was like my 6 or 7 th time there. Nightlife in Key West is not just for gay people by no means, there is one end of Duval that caters to it, 9/10's of the rest of it are normal bars. Irish Kevin's is my favorite, followed by Capt. Tony's followed by a whole bunch more.:otter: