Super Bowl LI

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
84 Lumber, though, holy crap.

That was one of those "what the hell were they thinking?" moments. It was so blatantly cynical, racist, and greed-driven that I'm surprised nobody along the production line said, "Wait a minute, guys..."

glhs837

Power with Control
That wasn't even their original commercial. The original was rejected. It had a border wall with a door in it...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/05/new...-ad/index.html0245AMStoryLink&linkId=34154051

I note with interest this.......

Others criticized the company for being pro-immigration, and vowed not to do business with the company again

Although 84 Lumber declined to comment as to whether the ad was pro- or ant-Trump, social media seemed to interpret the ad as being against Trump's proposed wall and in favor of immigrants.

No mention that perhaps the backlash was due to apparent support of illegal immigration or illegal immigrants

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Let's define 'blow it'. To me, blowing it is missing a layup or letting the ball roll between your legs or dropping an easy catch. The Falcons never quit, never let up. We could argue they blew it on the one drive where they had a chip shot field goal that would have clinched it, not running on the 3rd and 1 but they got here by being aggressive. They did make heroic plays. I felt the Pats just made a few more of them. The Falcons didn't drop a game winning pass, they didn't miss a field goal, they didn't do something dumb. I felt they played their guts out and could have, yes, SHOULD have won but the Pats showed why we always play the games to the end. It was GREAT stuff. I felt like they didn't give it away. The Pat's took it. :buddies:

Your definition of "blow it" partly matches mine, and the Falcons did similar type things on the field. Did the coaches blow it by become conservative with questionable play calling in the fourth qtr? Yup. Players committing penalties that cost the Falcons dearly? Yup. All those things added together, along with missed assignments and key blocks (Freeman) being missed, that add up to a 25 point lead with 17 minutes to go, not scoring after reaching 28 points, and allowing the Patriots to score 31 unanswered points, that is blowing it on unimaginable proportions.

You can, and must, forgive physical errors. The mental ones are blowing it.

Great game, and the deserving team won. I bet Mr. Blank did not even get the chance to shoot blanks last night.:lmao: at him on the sideline nearing the end of the game.

Nobody said the Falcons quit or stopped playing hard. They just could not deal with the heat and pressure of the stage. NE could.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Your definition of "blow it" partly matches mine, and the Falcons did similar type things on the field. Did the coaches blow it by become conservative with questionable play calling in the fourth qtr? Yup. Players committing penalties that cost the Falcons dearly? Yup. All those things added together, along with missed assignments and key blocks (Freeman) being missed, that add up to a 25 point lead with 17 minutes to go, not scoring after reaching 28 points, and allowing the Patriots to score 31 unanswered points, that is blowing it on unimaginable proportions.

You can, and must, forgive physical errors. The mental ones are blowing it.

Great game, and the deserving team won. I bet Mr. Blank did not even get the chance to shoot blanks last night.:lmao: at him on the sideline nearing the end of the game.

Nobody said the Falcons quit or stopped playing hard. They just could not deal with the heat and pressure of the stage. NE could.

I retract my statement. My girlfriend and I were actually playing some songs for friends an not really paying attention to to the game. I've read a bit to get caught up on actual down and distance.

You're correct. They not only gave it away. They blew it. :buddies:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
65 Posts before THE key play (IMO) was mentioned. Freeman missing that block and the ensuing fumble was the catalyst for Tom Brady. Watch his reaction after the recovery, he is jumping up and down, his helmet and saying EFF THOSE PC COMMERCIALS, LET PLAY SOME BOYS!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
65 Posts before THE key play (IMO) was mentioned. Freeman missing that block and the ensuing fumble was the catalyst for Tom Brady. Watch his reaction after the recovery, he is jumping up and down, his helmet and saying EFF THOSE PC COMMERCIALS, LET PLAY SOME BOYS!

That play - the sack via Freeman's "Whoops! Look out 'cause I blew it" non-block, then the choke hold take down (on Pats defender Long, I believe), that would have done the WWF proud - sealed the fate of Atl, in my opinion as well. You could just see the killer instinct of the Patriots ratcheted up a few notches higher than the Falcons could ever hope to achieve on any day. And, believe me, as a division rival Tampa Bay BUC-CAN-EERS! GO BUCS! fan and charter season ticket holder since 1976, I was very smugly satisfied to see the ATL go down in flames.

New England Patriots. Simply the best sports organization of any American generation.

Belichek and Brady - the best of all time. Period. End of story. No comparison.

Last edited: