Super Secret Forum Lunch..

BernieP

Resident PIA
Notice how long lost itsbob and Pete started posting again at the same time... is 'itsbob' Pete's MPD or is 'Pete' itsbob's MPD? Hmm.
I don't know, but now I'm hungry, am I hungry enough for Eddies less than edibles. Otherwise it's out to the car in search of a food truck.
FWIW, here's how you order lunch at Eddie's: "what do you have left". The menu is limited and even more so if they didn't get a delivery.
So if you ask for a specific item on the menu the reply might be, sorry, no chicken (which then eliminates a couple of other wraps)
Or worse, no bacon.
Food trucks are like Where is Waldo, they move around and unless you have the locations memorized....

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've been working up here for THREE weeks, and we haven't had a super secret forum lunch in DC yet?? What the hell people!!?

Is the Capital Grill any good?? Good place for a super secret lunch??

Or the closest McDonalds..

You have NO idea how disappointing it was drive up here on a Sunday to move into my office, JONESING Boston market at the National Air Space, to find out half of the museum is closed, and all they had was cold food in chillers.. and $8 hot dogs.. to walk over to Le Enfant to find out 90% of it was closed on a Sunday.. Don't they know I'm here yet??
I used to work at L'Enfant Plaza when I was in my 20's when I worked for Communications Satellite Corp. (COMSAT) We loved going to the underground shopping center and getting lunch at the different places. :yay: It was also fun to walk to the various Government buildings in the area that had cafeterias. We usually got in to have lunch at one or the other of those, too. Fun times.

beamher

I've been working up here for THREE weeks, and we haven't had a super secret forum lunch in DC yet?? What the hell people!!?

You have NO idea how disappointing it was drive up here on a Sunday to move into my office, JONESING Boston market at the National Air Space, to find out half of the museum is closed, and all they had was cold food in chillers.. and $8 hot dogs.. to walk over to Le Enfant to find out 90% of it was closed on a Sunday.. Don't they know I'm here yet??

is that the restaurant that sits on the corner of Penn Ave. If so, it was just ok to me; it was something different then my normal work lunch but the portions seem to be small.

beamher

Not certain how far you can venture away but there's Union Station, The Capitol has a couple places you can eat at, there's places around the baseball stadium, as well as around the Capital One Arena.

gemma_rae

is this place still open. I was introduced to it a few years ago & then heard it closed. Let me look into it; definitely enjoyed their cold cut.
Internet says it is, but I haven't been in the city for some years now. They out grew one location and moved a couple blocks at one point, they needed more room for their market.

ShyGirl

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My favorite is Kirwan's so far: https://www.wharfdc.com/restaurants/

My favorite here is Agua301:

My favorite here is Matchbox:

My favorite here is Tunnicliff's:
You really get around!!

Are you working in DC as well??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Not certain how far you can venture away but there's Union Station, The Capitol has a couple places you can eat at, there's places around the baseball stadium, as well as around the Capital One Arena.
Went to Union Station when I was up here for a class, and staying at the hotel right behind my building. AWESOME Moscow Mules.. wonder if we get a 2 Moscow Mule lunch here??