'Supergirl' moving from CBS to CW

Missed the opener on Monday, chose to watch Big Bang Theory instead. Happy to see Supergirl is being rebroadcast on Fridays, so I didn't miss it.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
So now that the romance between Kara and James is dead, what do you think of James becoming the "Guardian"?

James' future was answered on tonight's episode of Supergirl.

I haven't seen any of the other shows because I never heard of CW and thought it was some B-rate, cheesy, low budget network. I might start watching them now though. Supergirl has actually gotten better since being moved off the A-list network.

stgislander

PREMO Member

I haven't seen any of the other shows because I never heard of CW and thought it was some B-rate, cheesy, low budget network. I might start watching them now though. Supergirl has actually gotten better since being moved off the A-list network.

That's really surprising. I'd have though that you would at least be hooked on the Flash by now given it's great reviews. Excuse the baseball metaphor but a home run at its first at bat.

Clem72

I don't know about A-List vs B-List, but the CW is literally an acronym for CBS and Warner Brothers, it's the successor to UPN/WB networks with additional CBS backing.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Dip, you know I love you, but why do you care about this? Just wondering. I haven't watched a network/series/sitcom, etc. show in years. What is happening in real life has captured my attention.

I like an escape from "real life". And I happen to like this show. One of VERY FEW TV shows I watch.

I thought about my post afterwards. We all need an escape of some kind. I probably watch too much news, and I am way too serious for my own good which is evident on this forum. I hope your show continues, and maybe I should take your lead, and chill a little. I, recently, misplaced my sense of humor, but found it tonight! Thank goodness! :lol:

Hmm...lather, rinse, repeat...

Did anyone else catch the simile between last week's episode and the original Superman movie? In the movie, Lex Luthor kept yelling at his girl assistant, Ms. Tessmacher. In the tv series, Cat Grant yelled the same thing in the same inflection, a definite shout out to the original movie.

[video=youtube;oRmMPdMPyYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRmMPdMPyYQ[/video]

DipStick

Getting real sick of the PC social commentary bull#### getting rammed down my throat, CW. I watch TV to be entertained.

Now I see why Trump was elected.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hmm...lather, rinse, repeat...

Hmm...aren't you guilty of the same thing you are accusing me of? (You have posted this same response in several threads). Yes, yes you are, but I guess you don't realize it; as in you are a hypocrite. Give it up, jazzy. Laissez les bon temps roulez! :roflmao:

Last edited:

DipStick

Watching on the CW app...

So now this show is just gonna be Supergirl getting tortured and needing to be saved every week by other characters, and the plot itself will center around the other characters?

This is jumping the shark, quickly.

Oh, and kudos to Alex for telling that bitch off. :clap:

SamSpade

I might start watching them now though. Supergirl has actually gotten better since being moved off the A-list network.

Probably because the CW is a perfect fit for the show. We like CBS, but the sad truth is - it's the old folk's network. Its largest demographic is still an older one.
That's ok. NCIS and Big Bang are still good, but to survive on CBS also means, you have to appeal to the audience that is watching.

The CW is another network they own that DOES make shows of that kind that appeal to a younger set.
And it's long been the home of superhero shows.

SamSpade

So now this show is just gonna be Supergirl getting tortured and needing to be saved every week by other characters, and the plot itself will center around the other characters?

In the comics, Superman conjectures that she is actually even stronger than he is. It's just a matter of time.
But shows like this don't survive without an ensemble cast. That does mean from time to time, someone else wins.

The only part that doesn't really appeal to me is so much of the social interaction among the leads.
I guess sometimes it's just a bit too - girly - for me.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Probably because the CW is a perfect fit for the show. We like CBS, but the sad truth is - it's the old folk's network. Its largest demographic is still an older one.
That's ok. NCIS and Big Bang are still good, but to survive on CBS also means, you have to appeal to the audience that is watching.

The CW is another network they own that DOES make shows of that kind that appeal to a younger set.
And it's long been the home of superhero shows.
In partnership with Warner Brothers; don't forget WB; also the previous name of the network.

DipStick

I almost gave up on this show after how awful the Guardian subplot was and the forced Alex/Maggie subplot, but last night's episode was really really good. Probably the best episode in the series yet.

And Melissa Benoist gets hotter every episode.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The writers are trying so hard to make James Olsen a relevant character, that it's getting tiring. As for Alex/Maggie, I agree. They could have drawn out that budding relationship, culminating in the "we're now a couple" reveal at the end of the season.

I'm actually kinda looking forward to the Supergirl/Flash musical crossover.