Supporting grown children

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My kids will likely always consider the house they grew up in as their home. Even when they do buy their own places.

See, and the house(s) that I grew up in, my Mom hasn't lived in them in years. Same with my kids - they can go back to the house in Middletown if they want, though, see who's living there now. :lol:

If something dramatic happened - I got sick or seriously injured or my folks needed help, something like that, I *could* go live with them; but that's what I'd consider it - "living with my parents".

See, and the house(s) that I grew up in, my Mom hasn't lived in them in years. Same with my kids - they can go back to the house in Middletown if they want, though, see who's living there now. :lol:

If something dramatic happened - I got sick or seriously injured or my folks needed help, something like that, I *could* go live with them; but that's what I'd consider it - "living with my parents".

But I believe you said you didnt have nurturing parents. How could expect yourself to ever consider that place your safe place where you feel loved unconditionally?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How could expect yourself to ever consider that place your safe place where you feel loved unconditionally?

I didn't have that growing up so I made my own :cartwheel

Want to contribute to my GoFundMe and make me feel nurtured and safe? :biggrin:

ifxtrks

I have always told my children where I live will always be their home, but it is my house, and if they can't treat it with respect. they don't have to/can't stay there.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Someone close to me just closed on a small house she could afford. She works two jobs. She was happy and excited to be on her own again. 3 bed, one bath. Involved with cat rescue and adoption and spends a lot of time and energy with this.

Yesterday, enter daughter being delivered from out of state by other family. She has one 6 months in the oven, and one that is one years old; one that is two. Daughter is arriving with one crib and a television. No car and obviously no job prospects. Father older and not supportive financially or emotionally. Wonder when his useless a$$ will show up?

Having made a lot of mistakes in my life...and not meaning to bash the great parents out there...I am remined every day why I am glad I am child free!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Having made a lot of mistakes in my life...and not meaning to bash the great parents out there...I am remined every day why I am glad I am child free!

Actually, I think you'd have made a pretty good mom. But I applaud people who don't really want children and don't have them anyway just because society seems to expect it.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Actually, I think you'd have made a pretty good mom. But I applaud people who don't really want children and don't have them anyway just because society seems to expect it.

One of my bros made the choice to not have children, never regretted it, and our fam backed him in his decision without question. There is nothing wrong with choosing not to have children.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I don't, it always seems that people who would great parents don't have them and crappy people that I wouldn't let have a fish do. It's kind of frustrating.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't, it always seems that people who would great parents don't have them and crappy people that I wouldn't let have a fish do. It's kind of frustrating.

Highly frustrating. Monello's son and his girlfriend should have a million kids and take over the world. They'd both be great parents and I have no doubt they'd have amazing children. But they travel a lot and do their thing, and neither is interested in parenting.

:mad:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
One of my bros made the choice to not have children, never regretted it, and our fam backed him in his decision without question. There is nothing wrong with choosing not to have children.

I don't see what business it is of anyone else. No kids or a dozen kids, at the end of the day, it's the couples' choice.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't see what business it is of anyone else. No kids or a dozen kids, at the end of the day, it's the couples' choice.

Exactly. He was the first in my fam history to make that choice. So, it was a first. Which is fine. It is funny that his wife is a teacher, that went on to be a current principal of a high school in Houston. I wonder if that had anything to do with their decision. :lol:

SamSpade

Highly frustrating. Monello's son and his girlfriend should have a million kids and take over the world. They'd both be great parents and I have no doubt they'd have amazing children. But they travel a lot and do their thing, and neither is interested in parenting.

:mad:

I have a niece - my brother's daughter - and her husband like that. They are both somewhat wealthy and they travel everywhere - safaris in Africa, those fancy islands in the Middle East - all kinds of stuff.

I just assumed after many years - they didn't want any.

Until they made the announcement this past spring. It wasn't that, for six or seven years, they wanted to travel in lieu of kids - they've just been trying VERY hard - and finally succeeded.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
:howdy: I chose not to have children while I was young. Unfortunately, I had no choice as I got older, but am okay being child free. I am the only sibling in my family without, but feel supported just the same.