Surgery

Bay_Kat

Tropical
When I had my elbow surgery - just a teeny little incision to unpinch a nerve - they casted me from shoulder to fingertips. It was annoying as well.

How long do you have to wear the cast?

Until the 22nd. Not sure if I can make it that long. Oh and I just watched the above video, glad I didn't watch it before, yikes.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Got the cast off today, but now my wrist looks like a road map, arrows, lines and words in purple ink. Anyone know what takes the ink off? I tried rubbing alcohol, no go.

Got the cast off today, but now my wrist looks like a road map, arrows, lines and words in purple ink. Anyone know what takes the ink off? I tried rubbing alcohol, no go.

Bet it feels good to get that cast off.

You can try a pumice hand cleaner, like Fast Orange, but I suspect it's just going to have to wear off.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Glad you are feeling better!

Thanks, funny thing is, I never had any real pain, my thumb was a little sore from the cast rubbing, other than that, nothing. I didn't even take any pain meds, glad, because I hate taking those things.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks, funny thing is, I never had any real pain, my thumb was a little sore from the cast rubbing, other than that, nothing. I didn't even take any pain meds, glad, because I hate taking those things.

Lucky you!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Here's what it looks like now. Had 6 staples, not going to mess with the purple ink where the staples were, but got all the other off, the straight line on the bottom is actually a bruise from where the cast was pinching me, not sure how I didn't feel that.

Attachments

• IMG_20131122_1958171.jpg
    IMG_20131122_1958171.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 75