Surveyor

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Found the Surveyor that did the survey on the property when we bought this place. Called them to see what it would take to get marks placed.
$1500-2000 at minimum, PoL's placed every 200 ft.
WTF.......................................

Anybody know a surveyor?

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
If we have the plat, wouldn't be too hard to do ourselves.

Just have to find the first marker.

:yay:.... find the marker... get your compass out.. and count footage :yahoo:

oh and have a metal detector

belvak

Happy Camper
Wirelessly posted

We used Chesapeake Trails in Leonardtown, and it was nowhere near that high. If I remember correctly, they "shot" markers on all corners. Not sure how big your lot is, but that seems high. We had them come back last Spring to re-stake the lot, and that was only a couple hundred dollars.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Wirelessly posted

We used Chesapeake Trails in Leonardtown, and it was nowhere near that high. If I remember correctly, they "shot" markers on all corners. Not sure how big your lot is, but that seems high. We had them come back last Spring to re-stake the lot, and that was only a couple hundred dollars.

7 acres.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You cheap ass people seem to think this is an easy job, nothing to it. Any dumb ass can look through a little periscope thingy and do basic math, right? Well, I, for one, am disgusted and am telling you there is a great deal more to it than that. Why, just last week, a company up here hit a job site and found they had forget their shovels. Yup.

They had to lean on each other until the boss showed up with spares...

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
You cheap ass people seem to think this is an easy job, nothing to it. Any dumb ass can look through a little periscope thingy and do basic math, right? Well, I, for one, am disgusted and am telling you there is a great deal more to it than that. Why, just last week, a company up here hit a job site and found they had forget their shovels. Yup.

They had to lean on each other until the boss showed up with spares...
Frugal.
Figured somebody would show up with a GPS, look at the Plat and mark the property.
I need to tell the Excavator how far to throw the trees into the neighbors property.

sm8

Frugal.
Figured somebody would show up with a GPS, look at the Plat and mark the property.
I need to tell the Excavator how far to throw the trees into the neighbors property.

Ha, Love it!!!!!! I was hoping to get my land surveyed also. I would love it if they would spray paint an orange border around my property. Not that I want the borders in any specific location it would just be nice to know. At this rate if the "A" hole neighbors keep moving in closer and closer towards our house we are gonna have to build a bridge from the road just to get in our door. The new neighbors only seem to be concerned with the land right next to our fence (as if the rest of their yard does not even exist) and our other neighbor keeps moving the markers closer towards us from when he had it surveyed becuase they placed them wrong.

SandieGarry

Surveyor needed

Me to ! Me to! We need one. Bought a foreclosure so no survey. I think the neighbor's boats are on our lot, can't prove it. Plus we want to put up a fence on the line.

sm8

I was told (not sure if it is true) but to put a permanent structure Ie: Fence, within 10 feet of a property line you have to have written consent from both neighbors and get it aproved at planning and zoning.

Edited to add: You made me think about where our boat is LOL I was wondering if you were my new neighbor for a minute there. We have been here 11 years and what we were originally told was the propperty line put half the neighbors driveway on our land. we did not mind so never made a big deal about it but the new people are just pushing my buttons the most recent thing they did was bring in a skid steer and rip out my daughters flower bed along our fence so it is level with their driveway and it left our fence exposed out of the ground where it looks like it will fall over any second. Hubby said to leave it alone but I really want to give them a piece of my mind if nothing else I think it would of been considerate of them to allow her to move her flowers before they dug them up and threw them down thier hill. Definitely not making for good neighbors so far, I think if we lose power again I will dare hubby to share the generator with them.

Last edited:

Nattie_Bo

Hey DoWhat... Believe it or not I just figured out that you and I are neighbors! (process of elimination + your Irene damage photos). I've found my own property corners with a long tape, compass and a metal detector. Some of the corner markers on our street are missing but the ones out back in the woods all seem to be in place. Let me know if you want to do some bush whackin'! (D&RC)